AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Lamm (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lamm 1.2 Reference Monoblocks (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=8058)

jpgr4blu 04-20-2011 12:04 AM

Good luck Rich. The combo you have chosen is a fit championed by Marc Mickelson and Paul Bolin at Audiobeat as well as Peter McGrath and others at Wilson.

f1 fan 04-20-2011 08:53 AM

Rich...a musical and winning combo for sure. Looking forward to your impressions.

Dave

SRT-10 Viper 04-20-2011 08:55 AM

Rich, I have Sasha's with Lamm 1.2s and a ARC REF5, soon to be a REF 40 Anniversary.
You will love the combo!

Chuck

darkstar 04-20-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRT-10 Viper (Post 159720)
Rich, I have Sasha's with Lamm 1.2s and a ARC REF5, soon to be a REF 40 Anniversary.
You will love the combo!

Chuck

Thanks I am really excited to get this underway.

While I am thrilled with my choice, it actually was my second one. If my wallet could afford it, I would have gone with the REF 40 and Max3.

What's nice is I have a future upgrade path (after I am completely done paying for my kids college).:yes:

darkstar 04-20-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmalak (Post 159530)
Rich...I believe that combo is as good as it gets. Congrats on the Lammies and hope you are able to put the other pieces together in short order.

Cyril,

I have to tell you. I was really considering the REF 210 instead of the Lamm's. Both were excellent and I could have gone either way. But in the end, I felt I really didn't want to deal with that many tubes (mtc and cost) given my listening habits.

Its funny how thiings work out. When I first heard Audio Research (REF 210 and REF 5) driving Magico V3, I was really underwelmed. The pace of the music was way too slow. I felt like my body was 2 steps ahead of the music.
When I heard them driving Wilsons, it was totally different. This too is an outstanding combination. Its all about synergy

Rich

darkstar 04-20-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRT-10 Viper (Post 159720)
You will love the combo!

Chuck

Chuck,

What tubes and power cords are you using inthe Lamm's?

SRT-10 Viper 04-20-2011 10:38 AM

Lamm's

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstar (Post 159727)
Chuck,

What tubes and power cords are you using inthe Lamm's?

I am using NOS Telefunkins... I tried several and liked these the best. I haven't replaced the stock cords on the Lamms. I have on the REF5 (and will move it to REF40) Shunyata Anaconda.

cmalak 04-20-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstar (Post 159726)
Cyril,

I have to tell you. I was really considering the REF 210 instead of the Lamm's. Both were excellent and I could have gone either way. But in the end, I felt I really didn't want to deal with that many tubes (mtc and cost) given my listening habits.

Its funny how thiings work out. When I first heard Audio Research (REF 210 and REF 5) driving Magico V3, I was really underwelmed. The pace of the music was way too slow. I felt like my body was 2 steps ahead of the music.
When I heard them driving Wilsons, it was totally different. This too is an outstanding combination. Its all about synergy

Rich

Rich...I think Ref 5/Lamm 1.2/Sasha will be a great combo. I believe the Lammies will give you a denser/fuller presentation than the Ref 210s might with the Sashas especially with that dip to 1.8ohms in the bass region. And as you said, the Lamm 1.2s are easier on the wallet maintenance wise and with only one input small signal tube should be much easier from an ongoing maintenance perspective. We look forward to tracking your system's evolution as you gradually put the pieces together. Good luck and congrats.

two dot 04-20-2011 04:02 PM

Rich,

For those of us playing along at home.... remind us what you are moving from.

Thanks,

Stephen

cmalak 04-20-2011 04:18 PM

Stephen...his current setup is described in the first post of the thread.