AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Shunyata Defender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=51803)

Formerly YB-2 12-04-2022 06:15 PM

Shunyata Defender

Anyone using a Defender? Am installing a new dedicated 20amp line with duplex outlet and am wondering if plugging a Defender into the one side of the duplex would be worthwhile?

Masterlu 12-04-2022 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1069297)
Anyone using a Defender? Am installing a new dedicated 20amp line with duplex outlet and am wondering if plugging a Defender into the one side of the duplex would be worthwhile?

Absolutely! I use one on every single dedicated line I have. :yes:

In stock also.

Antonmb 12-04-2022 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1069301)
Absolutely! I use one on every single dedicated line I have. :yes:

In stock also.

Interesting Ivan, do you hear a difference in every system or just some systems where other power conditioning is lacking? I use them as well, but not on the outlet that the Everest is plugged into, only for things like network systems, the 2nd system with the PS8 (the Defender was originally designed to go with the PS8). I asked Shunyata when I bought my Everest and Richard said that the Defender is superfluous if you're using an Everest, Denali, or Typhon level conditioner., since it's doing the same thing but not as effectively and was designed for systems where their more serious power conditioners weren't in use.

Masterlu 12-04-2022 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 1069302)
Interesting Ivan, do you hear a difference in every system or just some systems where other power conditioning is lacking? I use them as well, but not on the outlet that the Everest is plugged into, only for things like network systems, the 2nd system with the PS8 (the Defender was originally designed to go with the PS8). I asked Shunyata when I bought my Everest and Richard said that the Defender is superfluous if you're using an Everest, Denali, or Typhon level conditioner., since it's doing the same thing but not as effectively and was designed for systems where their more serious power conditioners weren't in use.

Tony… I use them solely for additional surge protection; nothing more.

Antonmb 12-04-2022 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1069303)
Tony… I use them solely for additional surge protection; nothing more.

That makes sense.

Formerly YB-2 12-09-2022 10:34 AM

Am thinking a Defender in the duplex outlet and a Furutech NCF Clear line in the surge protector.

Masterlu 12-09-2022 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1069525)
Am thinking a Defender in the duplex outlet and a Furutech NCF Clear line in the surge protector.

This is better from personal experience; and less money.

Defender and ElectraClear eau2 :thumbsup:

I’m a dealer for both, as well as Furutech.

Formerly YB-2 12-09-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1069529)
This is better from personal experience; and less money.
Defender and ElectraClear eau2 :thumbsup:

Would it make any difference which goes in the duplex outlet and which one goes in the surge protector, or is that something to determine by trying both ways?

Masterlu 12-09-2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1069537)
Would it make any difference which goes in the duplex outlet and which one goes in the surge protector, or is that something to determine by trying both ways?

Place the Defender in your surge protector, and put the ElectraClear eau2 in the duplex outlet.

Formerly YB-2 01-12-2023 10:42 AM

After about 16hr of break-in I put on the first LP. Have to admit, the SQ has improved with additional clarity from the mids up. A light layer of grunge that I did not realize I had has disappeared. Don't know if it is the Defender, the EAU2 or a combination of both. As with the Stillpoints LP1, a surprisingly good upgrade at a most reasonable cost (compared to a full blown Everest or Denali or whatever). Feel like I'm at a point in my system that every small tweak can make a difference.
Herbie's TT mat is next.
Obviously, YMMV.