AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Reminder to update your Audio Gear Insurance (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=52067)

Masterlu 03-03-2023 09:52 PM

Reminder to update your Audio Gear Insurance

When is the last time you checked the current value of your Audio gear, and Insurance for same?

Well, it’s time! Ever since inflation got started, you might be shocked how much your existing gear is worth, and what it would cost to replace.

Let me share just one example;

I own TAD R1 MKII Speakers. Back when I bought them the retail was $75K. Today, those speakers cost $149K and that’s not a typo!

Certain brands, and types of gear has gone up more than others. Check your current gear; you may find that if you experience a loss, you would not be remotely close to being able to replace it.

jfray 03-03-2023 11:17 PM

Do you carry a separate policy? I’m curious as mine is covered under homeowners policy but it may not be enough.

Masterlu 03-04-2023 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfray (Post 1072359)
Do you carry a separate policy? I’m curious as mine is covered under homeowners policy but it may not be enough.

Yes, I have a completely different policy for my audio gear. Itemized w/ declared value for all perils.

bodiezaffa 03-04-2023 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1072361)
Yes, I have a completely different policy for my audio gear. Itemized w/ declared value for all perils.

Wow. Its almost never you find out a piece of audio equipment you've purchased has doubled in value.

Masterlu 03-04-2023 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodiezaffa (Post 1072389)
Wow. Its almost never you find out a piece of audio equipment you've purchased has doubled in value.

I know; but when you own so much of it, you’re bound to have something go up. :lmao:

Robert_Anderson 03-06-2023 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1072391)
I know; but when you own so much of it, you’re bound to have something go up. :lmao:

I had to change mine after my place was broken into in 2016. I now have separate policies for my audio equipment, firearms, and wristwatches on top of my standard policy. Even though I really didn't lose too much money and actually was able to upgrade to the latest versions of some components, the experience was just awful and I hope it doesn't happen to anyone on the forum.

Audiophilehi 03-07-2023 01:15 AM

Thanks Ivan, I'll have to look into it. Has anyone done the same for their LP collection?

Famester V1 03-14-2023 10:38 AM

Any recommendations on a carrier?
I happened to speak with my insurance company a few weeks ago and discussed my equipment. Although I am covered under personal property insurance, my limit would easily be beat if a total loss on all personal property were to happen.
I do have replacement cost coverage.

Masterlu 03-14-2023 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Famester V1 (Post 1072739)
Any recommendations on a carrier?
I happened to speak with my insurance company a few weeks ago and discussed my equipment. Although I am covered under personal property insurance, my limit would easily be beat if a total loss on all personal property were to happen.
I do have replacement cost coverage.

Try Lloyds of London. :thumbsup: