AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Transparent Reference XL or what does $28k worth of cables sound like? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=442)

thesaint519 04-28-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 301933)
What is your system like?

dCS Purcell
dCS Delius
Lamm M1.2s
Wilson Sashas
Richard Gray 1200C
SRA VR isoBases

Thoughts :scratch2:?

thesaint519 04-28-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 301980)
I have owned several other cables including Analysis Plus, Kimber, Acoustic Zen, Tara Labs, Synergistic Research, and MIT before settling on Transparent. To be fair I had never used one manufacturer to the extent I currently do so all of the synergy may not have been there.

I am currently using Wireworld digital cables to connect my MS-300 and Olive 4HD to the MCD-1100. Ivan had a RCA to BNC cable made so that I could use that digital input on the Mac since I required all three for my set-up.

There are a lot of great cables companies, I would try a couple 'till you find something that gets you closer to the sound you are looking for.

Jim

That's exactly what I intend on doing. The Cable Company has, therefore, become an indespensable resource in that I can borrow a series of cables from varying manufacturers to A/B/A test. Thanks for the advice :thumbsup:.

thesaint519 04-19-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 301980)
I have owned several other cables including Analysis Plus, Kimber, Acoustic Zen, Tara Labs, Synergistic Research, and MIT before settling on Transparent. To be fair I had never used one manufacturer to the extent I currently do so all of the synergy may not have been there.

I am currently using Wireworld digital cables to connect my MS-300 and Olive 4HD to the MCD-1100. Ivan had a RCA to BNC cable made so that I could use that digital input on the Mac since I required all three for my set-up.

There are a lot of great cables companies, I would try a couple 'till you find something that gets you closer to the sound you are looking for.

Jim

I settled on Transparent Audio Reference cabling all around.

PHC1 04-19-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesaint519 (Post 480896)
I settled on Transparent Audio Reference cabling all around.

:thumbsup:

PHC1 10-13-2020 12:20 PM

Sometimes it is really fun to revisit an old thread and get a glimpse of yourself from over 10 years ago to reflect what if anything has changed.

Well, I can see that $28k worth of cables was not something I would entertain then or NOW :lmao:

In fact I am using some Transparent and some Wireworld IC but speaker cables have been the same The Wave for $175 :D

I do have to admit it was a lot of fun to play around with all kinds of cables back in the day. Learned a lot but mostly that MUSIC is still MUSIC which can be enjoyed on a megabuck system plumbed with the most exotic cables or it can be a nearly religious experience on a very modest system. Be it morning, day or night, when the mood is right, the music will flow and everything will be just right. :music:

PierreB 10-13-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 1017497)
Be it morning, day or night, when the mood is right, the music will flow and everything will be just right. :music:

:tresbon::thumbsup:

Tannoyd 10-13-2020 06:01 PM

I use the Transparent interconnects. Love them!