AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Speaker Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Legacy Wavelet II (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50695)

SCAudiophile 01-12-2022 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1053072)
Mark, I loved that! :banana:

I like people with passion, and your description oozes love for the hobby and lots of knowledge and experience.

Thank you for taking us along through your sharp memories. :tresbon:

My pleasure and thank you and others, again, for the kind words....

Rick U 01-13-2022 01:10 PM

Legacy Wavelet II

I’ve tried feeding my wavlet v1 all those ways as well. Straight digital signal into the wavelet from a dCS network bridge bested an aurender n100 by a large margin but now my favorite is the bartok into a McIntosh pre amp then that analog signal into the wavelet. I also tried the bartok into the wavelet using the volume control from the bartok. All of these configurations sounded incredibly good and I have always enjoyed going back and forth for months at a time. That wavelet is quite versatile.
Can’t wait for the V2.

SCAudiophile 01-13-2022 02:51 PM

Great feedback, thanks Rick,...+1 !!!

HSS 01-14-2022 12:06 PM

Currently have wavelet with Legacy V. I am using the ssuppliedpower supply. If I am to substitute the wall wart, what voltage and current does the Wavelet require and where do I get the appropriate power cable termination? I have a Keces liner power supply I could likely use.
Intend to upgrade to the Wavelet II. With the Wavelet II are you hearing more transparency and microdynamics?

HSS 01-14-2022 12:51 PM

Legacy Wavelet II

Anticipating upgrading Wavelet for my Legacy V. What voltage and current does the Wavelet II require. I have a Keces linear power supply which I could use. Where do you get the proper termination for the power cord.

Have you noted improved microdynamics and resolution with the new Wavelet?

Rick U 01-14-2022 02:06 PM

I can’t remember what the voltage is off the top of my head. Alex at UpTone audio guided me and made the umbilical cord. You can contact him through their site. Also the wall wart should have the specs on it.

Charles 01-14-2022 05:20 PM

This is an excellent thread. Very informative about Legacy. Mark is a true expert on Legacy and audio in general as are you all.

Best

Charles

SCAudiophile 01-14-2022 10:03 PM

Charles,

Thank you very much Charles,...it's just passion for the hobby and desire to share what I've learned from much smarter folks over the years.

SCAudiophile 01-14-2022 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick U (Post 1053198)
I can’t remember what the voltage is off the top of my head. Alex at UpTone audio guided me and made the umbilical cord. You can contact him through their site. Also the wall wart should have the specs on it.

Wavelet v1 and v2 require minimum of 12V DC power and I believe 5-amp.
Please verify all info accordingly, especially the amp spec.

Check with your LPSU maker for his type of connector (HDPLEX uses XLR3
and how the pin mapping must be done to connect with the correct XLR5 (5-pin)
power connector on back of Wavelet.

SCAudiophile 01-15-2022 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSS (Post 1053193)
Anticipating upgrading Wavelet for my Legacy V. What voltage and current does the Wavelet II require. I have a Keces linear power supply which I could use. Where do you get the proper termination for the power cord.

Have you noted improved microdynamics and resolution with the new Wavelet?

I have noticed improvements in those items and imaging, spatial rendering, natural portrayal of tone of instruments and voices, and nearly all aspects of playback.