AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Power Conditioners (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Do you connect your amp to your power conditioner? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=8546)

Puma Cat 07-27-2022 01:04 PM

Both will work. It depends on the set-up within your home/room. As with most stuff in home audio, set-ups are use-case and context-dependent. Gathering data for both by trying each method under contolled conditions (using same set-up and analysis protocol for both), and making an informed decision based on your analysis will let ya know.

If running PCs directly to wall receptacles, the Omega QR PCs will provide the reservoir of charge necessary during dynamic passages to mitigate the impact of reactance.

dkorbal 08-16-2022 12:33 PM

I recently ordered a Denali and a couple Alpha PC from Ivan. (Thanks Ivan) While waiting for the order to come in I thought I would investigate the advice being offered about where to plug your amps in. After reading most of this thread all I got to say is WOW is my head spinning. :D There sure is a lot of scenarios and situations to consider.

My personnel situation? I will be running an Alpha XC from the wall to the Denali V2 and Alpha NR's to the sources. For now I will plug the 601's into the Denali using Venoms that I currently have. I like Puma's explanation about the QR/BB device in the Denali and I hope it plays out that way. After some time I'm sure I will start to wonder what if..... and plug the amps back into the wall. I'll be curious to find out what I hear.

For starters, I'll just be happy "IF" I hear a difference by plugging the Denali in. I'll be disappointed if I don't. :nail:

Masterlu 08-16-2022 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkorbal (Post 1065095)
I recently ordered a Denali and a couple Alpha PC from Ivan. (Thanks Ivan) While waiting for the order to come in I thought I would investigate the advice being offered about where to plug your amps in. After reading most of this thread all I got to say is WOW is my head spinning. :D There sure is a lot of scenarios and situations to consider.

My personnel situation? I will be running an Alpha XC from the wall to the Denali V2 and Alpha NR's to the sources. For now I will plug the 601's into the Denali using Venoms that I currently have. I like Puma's explanation about the QR/BB device in the Denali and I hope it plays out that way. After some time I'm sure I will start to wonder what if..... and plug the amps back into the wall. I'll be curious to find out what I hear.

For starters, I'll just be happy "IF" I hear a difference by plugging the Denali in. I'll be disappointed if I don't. :nail:

:meditate:

kubla36 08-17-2022 09:39 PM

Oh, you’ll hear a difference. I drive my 611s with the same setup.

I had a P15, and wanted to try something different with the Denali (full loom). It’s quieter, but the cables took a bit to break in (was missing some weight for 3 weeks that the P15 had— I know shunyata has their pre burn in process). Not entirely fair to the P15 because the 20amp EX wouldn’t fit it and I didn’t have an adapter. I miss the additional protection of the P15 and didn’t have the opportunity to compare daytime noise elimination (neighbors didn’t cooperate with leaving on vacation as when I compared the P15 a few years ago). The Full loom seems more analytical with the additional separation of sounds, but I’m growing to like it. If I could get past the (now rare) urge to tip the tone a bit on 80s music, I might go for a c1100 to widen the stage more.

Solocard 08-18-2022 08:16 PM

In the year 2022, you should plug everything into a good power conditioner. If this were 1989, not so much.

Levitator 08-18-2022 10:39 PM

Not the case for me, using a Shunyata Everest - direct to wall is best for my situation

dkorbal 08-19-2022 08:12 AM

Like I said .... "my head is spinning" :D

Actually, it sounds like it's dependent on many factors and one must experiment to truly get the "BEST" from there system.