AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sports (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rafael Nadal wins a record 21st Men's Singles Major (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50810)

Puma Cat 01-30-2022 03:23 PM

Rafael Nadal wins a record 21st Men's Singles Major

Today Rafael Nadal won his 21st Major Men's Singles Tennis Title by defeating Daniil Medvedev 2-6, 6-7, 6-4, 6-4, 7-5 at the Australian Open in Melbourne in a truly epic 5 hr, 24 min match, the second longest match in Men's Open competition history. It took Nadal 4 hrs and 49 minutes of very tough competition to finally take the lead in the match.

Rafa's competition history is one of the most remarkable in the history of sports, especially when considering professional singles tennis is a solo sport and coaching during match play is prohibited.

Nadal is 21 for 29 in Mens Majors Singles Finals competition for a winning percentage of 72%.

In 18 years of Open competition:
21 Majors
36 Masters 1000 titles
2 times "Career Slams" (winning every major at least twice)
2 times Olympic champion
1038 victories

And...*never once* broken a racket in anger.

CLASS. LEADERSHIP.

Vamos, Rafa! Well done!

https://photos.imageevent.com/puma_c...al-AO-2jpg.jpg

bart 01-30-2022 04:06 PM

A real pity that the arguably best tennis player wasn't allowed to participate...

Puma Cat 01-30-2022 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1054368)
A real pity that the arguably best tennis player wasn't allowed to participate...

Rafa is the best player, but if Novax Djokovic had gotten fully vaccinated, he would have been able to play. It's real simple.

audioguy3107 01-30-2022 05:20 PM

I watched the last 2 hours, incredible, reminded me of their epic duel at the US Open a couple of years ago. They were both running on fumes but Nadal is just on another level with things on the line.

- Buck

Puma Cat 01-30-2022 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 1054376)
I watched the last 2 hours, incredible, reminded me of their epic duel at the US Open a couple of years ago. They were both running on fumes but Nadal is just on another level with things on the line.

- Buck

Yep!

Q: Who would you want on your SEAL team? A: Rafa!

bart 01-30-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 1054374)
Rafa is the best player, but you're referring to Novax Djokovic, he could have participated if he had done the right thing 1) for Society 2) for public health, and 3) the people and players around him and had gotten fully vaccinated.

Stephen, we will have to agree to disagree.
These jabs have absolutely nothing to do with vaccines.
And people in the field, like me, see their terribly disastrous effects.
Daily.

But let's not get political, or we'll likely be banned.

audioguy3107 01-30-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 1054378)
Yep!

Who would you want on your SEAL team?

Rafa is a total machine, a couple of my close friends (and my wife) have a friendly wager on the best player….they’re huge Federer fans…..for the last several years I always get on them when Nadal would win another major and they’ll get all pissy, it’s pretty funny, now he’s on the top all alone. I texted my friend this morning and aside from the quality of the tennis, he was a little grumpy!

- Buck

audioguy3107 01-30-2022 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1054379)
Stephen But let's not get political, or we'll likely be banned.

Well, regardless of politics, if they don’t stop transmission in its tracks, which they don’t, it shouldn’t make any difference to anyone other than the recipient.

- Buck

Levitator 01-30-2022 05:56 PM

There is no question that Rafa’s tenacity and hard working ethic is the best there is and possibly the best ever! He is also a fabulous tennis player…

FreddieFerric 01-30-2022 08:27 PM

This thread has the potential to go to hell in a handbag quickly. There's an asterix behind this one no matter what side of the vax fence you're on.