AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Audio Goals, Plans and Aspirations for 2022 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50723)

streetspirit 01-02-2022 11:05 PM

Audio Goals, Plans and Aspirations for 2022

It’s that time of year again, what’s everyone up to for the new year?

I’ve been busy…

Accuphase gear in the next few months…
Shunyata Ethernet and USB cables…
Shunyata Venom Series V16

Mitch

cdobson 01-02-2022 11:24 PM

Baby steps. Finish remodeling a house in Oregon wine country and move in. Been almost six months since I had my two channel system up and running in Seattle but plan to have a dedicated listening room for the first time in the new space. :-)

Masterlu 01-03-2022 12:12 AM

I think I might have a few rabbits left in my hat. :naughty:

Stay tuned…

Imapo 01-03-2022 01:39 AM

I want to get my speakers dialed in this year. I don’t know if I can do it myself (using the Sumiko Method outlined in the forum) or if I need to find and hire a local heavy hitter in speaker placement. I also want to get my dSC Bartok DAC and Rossini clock installed and setup for maximum performance. Other than that, upgrade a couple of power cords to Transparent Audio Reference.

Oh, listen to a lot more music this year.
Happy new year to all.

hobie1dog 01-03-2022 01:40 AM

Now that I got rid of 1,000 albums, I only have to clean 400 and then listen to them all.

prepress 01-03-2022 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1052439)
I think I might have a few rabbits left in my hat. :naughty:

Stay tuned…

"A few?"

radio times 01-03-2022 10:47 AM

No plans myself, my entry in to hi fi remains full of sonic pleasures two years on, might continue to buy the odd CD here and there, but I'm spending so much on the, how shall I put this, Masked Ball, that I have no other needs at this time.

crwilli 01-03-2022 10:59 AM

After new speakers in the next few months, my main goal is to refinish my room. Reinforce the floor, relocate all dedicated lines, paint, add lighting and room treatments - possible new seating.

prepress 01-03-2022 11:00 AM

I have some overall goals/aspirations, most of which don't involve audio; the ones that do fall into the category of "nice idea, if finances allow and disposition changes." Those are to upgrade my Transparent Plus ICs to Super, and MAYBE replace my Transparent Premium PCs with Venom NR V10s due to the Venoms' greater flexibility, and (BIGGER MAYBE) consider a Mac MVP 901 BD player, because it looks cool and would compliment other Mac pieces in the system. That last one is the least likely because, having two Pioneer Elite BDPs already plus an Oppo 83, it's hard to justify; that's why I didn't buy the Pioneer UDP-LX500, though I wanted one. Plus, the 901 is the most expensive (and least practical) of the three moves.

JoeN 01-03-2022 12:05 PM

Get our new EMM Transport in a few weeks and finish off the system. Purchase app 100 records and app 20 CDs.

Most of all just listen to the new system. (We’ll post pics when it is finished - finished in audiophile terms that is).