AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PS Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ps audio direct stream dac is a winner winner chicken dinner :) (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45747)

Masterlu 05-04-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 963765)
Fear not though, the Ted Smith Signature DAC is coming out in the next year or so. They've shown it at a show, so it won't be long now. Most predicted price I've read is in the $20K range .....

Perhaps a bit more. :whistle:

1KW 05-04-2019 07:10 PM

There is a version 3.06 snow mass I just upgraded to I’m not sure what it does, my unit came wit 3.05 so I did the update. One issue I do have is the art work is not displaying on the front panel . I have the sd erased , in place and did a reboot ?

JMD 05-04-2019 07:13 PM

As long as you have the blank SD card inserted in the slot "teeth" up it should display the artwork.

Poppyhome 05-04-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 963774)
There is a version 3.06 snow mass I just upgraded to I’m not sure what it does, my unit came wit 3.05 so I did the update. One issue I do have is the art work is not displaying on the front panel . I have the sd erased , in place and did a reboot ?

Artwork is only available with the Bridge II installed.

Do you have the Bridge?

Ron

1KW 05-04-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppyhome (Post 963788)
Artwork is only available with the Bridge II installed.

Do you have the Bridge?

Ron

No I am using usb.

Poppyhome 05-04-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 963799)
No I am using usb.

Ivan may help you with a Bridge II should you choose that route with an ethernet connection.

And if you go the Roon Nucleus+ option you can get rid of the computer and use either USB or Ethernet.

Ron

kaarmstrong 05-04-2019 11:38 PM

Congrats on your new DAC. I bought the PS Audio DSD DAC after several positive reviews and Ivan's recommendation. It has exceeded my expectations.
I compared it to a few other DACs at various price points in my system and it won the job. This was my first piece of PS Audio equipment, I was impressed enough to start looking at other equipment by PS Audio. I now own a BHK preamp, BHK mono blocks and a P20. It all sounds wonderful.

1KW 05-05-2019 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaarmstrong (Post 963810)
Congrats on your new DAC. I bought the PS Audio DSD DAC after several positive reviews and Ivan's recommendation. It has exceeded my expectations.
I compared it to a few other DACs at various price points in my system and it won the job. This was my first piece of PS Audio equipment, I was impressed enough to start looking at other equipment by PS Audio. I now own a BHK preamp, BHK mono blocks and a P20. It all sounds wonderful.

“ It has exceeded my expectations. “. Mine too , I never realized how much digital information was being held back by my D1100 and Oppo. I still have a PS Audio PPP AC regenerator surge protector in this system . :thumbsup:

1KW 05-05-2019 06:11 AM

http://www.tonepublications.com/revi...layer-and-dac/

1KW 05-05-2019 06:27 AM

Here is something interesting taken from my Oppo manual . HDMI output 2 on my Oppo 95 will pass SACD ie DSD directly without conversion to PCM . Which means it can be used as a SACD transport to my DirectStream DAC which has a HDMI digital audio input. Here is the quote from the manual
“ DSD – SACD DSD data is output over HDMI without any conversion. For the analog audio outputs, DSD data is converted into analog signal directly by the internal DAC. If you use a receiver that supports HDMI v1.2a with DSD over HDMI, or you prefer the sound quality of straight DSD to analog, please select this option”