AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Pre-Amps & Amplifiers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Soulution 710/720 install (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=28410)

Car commander 09-21-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugal (Post 639680)
Always liked the Soulution look. Pictures please.

I can't get one to up load. Normally I can.

jdandy 09-21-2014 09:39 PM

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/atta...worthless1.jpg

Car commander 09-21-2014 09:46 PM

They won't upload.

bvdiman 09-21-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car commander (Post 639705)
What cables did you like? My IC's are KS Elation and speaker Tara Omega Onyx. I may try KS elation speaker cables again but I liked the Tara's with the Dart amp. Hard to try everything no high end much in Atlanta.

Ref150 is a great amp but not really a fair comparison.

The KS Elation are fine cables - nicely balanced, neutral enough, do no wrong, and almost everything right, quite reasonably priced too - I had their IC, SC, PCs.
However, imo they lacked the organic touch, timbre richness/color saturation of the Siltech or TaraLabs Omega/Zero Gold I tested.
I ended with Siltech Royal Signature then, and have since been working my way up its chain, running a full loom now.
Or perhaps this maybe a good time for you to scout for current flagship Taras as new models soon to be released, I spotted few good bargains to be had in the used market.
My speakers (as do yours?) incorporated ceramic drivers, so I found cabling with inherent richness especially in midband region complemented them very nicely.
*Imo, where Siltech has an edge over Tara is their ability to project the more 3D palpable, holographic presentation of images/instruments.

cmarin 09-21-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvdiman (Post 639686)
cmarin, Thanks for taking the time to share your findings. Are the K15 and A1 new/broken-in units? More insight please as you get familiarized with them further. Also, most curious - keep us updated as to which of the two pairs finally be chosen worthy in your stable along with incoming Q7. Enjoy the play! :music:

Hi bvdiman,

My pleasure. You're welcome.

Both were gently used and still breaking in; though mostly settled in now.

Definitely will. Still waiting for delivery of new electrical panel and grounding system so that the final leg can begin. As a friend aptly stated: "god grant me patience....NOW!" :)

bvdiman 09-21-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarin (Post 639723)
Hi bvdiman,

My pleasure. You're welcome.

Both were gently used and still breaking in; though mostly settled in now.

Definitely will. Still waiting for delivery of new electrical panel and grounding system so that the final leg can begin. As a friend aptly stated: "god grant me patience....NOW!" :)

Cool!
Happy for you.. :beerchug:

Car commander 09-26-2014 12:34 PM

I have tried several different power cables on the 710 amp. A nordost Valhalla and a Harmonics AC11 and neither seem to make the slightest difference. On other amps it does make a difference.

thesaint519 09-26-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car commander (Post 639580)
After having a chat with Ivan, I recently purchased the Soulution 720 preamp and 710 amplifier. I have wanted to try it for sometime but there was no where close to listen to it. So, based on advice and all the reviews I did. First I replaced the ML326s with the 720 preamp still using the Dart amp. Ivan said the ML was a weak link. Wow I never imagined a preamp could make so much difference. It was like a curtain was lifted. More detail sharper focus etc. Then I installed the 710. Big difference. Iron grip base. Bigger sound stage. Instaments I had not heard before. Lack of any coloration at all. Great detail. Of course retail is more than double. It should sound better. The preamp retails for 5 times what the ML does, but there is no comparison. I have bought stuff only to be disappointed and then sell it. Not this stuff. I don't think I could go back to any coloration. It says in the manual to get help moving the amp. You won't be tempted to move it yourself. It weighes 80 kilos. Soulution says their Gear is an all out assault I believe them. I know this gear can be updated but I doubt I ever will.

Congratulations!! Happy listening.

bvdiman 09-26-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car commander (Post 640466)
I have tried several different power cables on the 710 amp. A nordost Valhalla and a Harmonics AC11 and neither seem to make the slightest difference. On other amps it does make a difference.

The original pc that came with amp (forgot brand)--fairly thin, flexible, black lustrous sheath--as I recall was quite good. I had mine refitted with a nice Furutech plug.
Sound was natural, balanced & resolute--may have to do more than Valhalla to outdo them. Elation did make for quite noticeable improvements, namely--drive, body, as well more natural timbre.

zbub 12-09-2014 03:44 AM

Soulution

Congrats on getting the 720/710 combo from a fellow Soultion owner. I use their 721 linestage driving an FM Acoustics 611X. Love the 721!