AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Accuphase (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Accuphase C-3900 review (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49676)

Canonicus 03-15-2021 11:57 AM

Accuphase C-3900 review

https://positive-feedback.com/high-f...-preamplifier/

applegeekz 04-19-2021 12:31 AM

Sorry David, i don't mean to steal your post, for some reason I am not allowed to post a new thread. I have a question related to Accuphase product.

Can you please enlighten me? What is the difference between a Power Distributor vs. Power Conditioner? My basic understanding is that the

Power Distributor acts as a fancy power strip, with the purpose that it extends the power you get from wall outlet to multiple outlets. Sort of a "do no harm" approach, they generally don't have much going on inside, perhaps a bit of filtering and/or basic surge protection but that's about it.

Power Conditioner on other hand is a complex electronic unit that has a toroid to decouple power from the grid completely, filtering and noise rejection, along with excellent surge protection.

So I have a Shunyata Delta 6 Power Distributor. Can I use it together with the Accuphase PS-1230 or I can only choose either one. Below is what I was thinking...would this be a logical thinking and practical way to do.

Wall Power Outlet (I installed Furutech GTX-D NCF(R)) ---> Shunyata Power Distributor ---> Accuphase PS-1230 ---> Everything else connect to the PS-1230 (C-3900, A-75, Naim NDX2/555 PS DR Streamer)

meltemi 04-20-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applegeekz (Post 1037026)
Sorry David, i don't mean to steal your post, for some reason I am not allowed to post a new thread. I have a question related to Accuphase product.

Can you please enlighten me? What is the difference between a Power Distributor vs. Power Conditioner? My basic understanding is that the

Power Distributor acts as a fancy power strip, with the purpose that it extends the power you get from wall outlet to multiple outlets. Sort of a "do no harm" approach, they generally don't have much going on inside, perhaps a bit of filtering and/or basic surge protection but that's about it.

Power Conditioner on other hand is a complex electronic unit that has a toroid to decouple power from the grid completely, filtering and noise rejection, along with excellent surge protection.

So I have a Shunyata Delta 6 Power Distributor. Can I use it together with the Accuphase PS-1230 or I can only choose either one. Below is what I was thinking...would this be a logical thinking and practical way to do.

Wall Power Outlet (I installed Furutech GTX-D NCF(R)) ---> Shunyata Power Distributor ---> Accuphase PS-1230 ---> Everything else connect to the PS-1230 (C-3900, A-75, Naim NDX2/555 PS DR Streamer)

AFAIK the Shunyata also does some filtering. (They talk about 'noise reduction' but are remarkably vague on what they exactly do.) It does not seem to be a simple distributor.

The PS-1230 actively restores a disturbed power signal into a clean sinus.

I'd suggest you go Wall Power Outlet ---> Accuphase PS-1230 ---> Everything else connected to the PS-1230 (C-3900, A-75, Naim NDX2/555 PS DR Streamer).
If you need more power connectors, connect unfiltered power distributors to the PS-1230 outputs (e.g. Furutech e-TP809 NCF or Furutech e-TP86(G)).

Martin

meltemi 04-22-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canonicus (Post 1034950)

:thumbsup: Thanks for the link.

Martin

Weirdcuba 04-22-2021 10:13 PM

Accuphase c-3900 would just be awesome. I have the 3800, so can’t really justify the upgrade, but wow ....

2fastdriving 04-22-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 1037266)
Accuphase c-3900 would just be awesome. I have the 3800, so can’t really justify the upgrade, but wow ....

I can justify it for you, Jim: 3800 < 3900.

Time to upgrade. :lmao:

Masterlu 04-22-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 1037266)

I can always give you my “Godfather” deal, and take yours in trade. :naughty: