AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   B&W Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   B&W is now owned by Sound United (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48920)

Dilettante 10-27-2020 03:44 PM

B&W is now owned by Sound United

I think it's been finalize now that B&W is officially owned by and part of Sound United Group. Got a feeling that Rotel will soon join the gang since B&W & Rotel have always had close relationship and B&W has always distributed Rotel products in much of the world.

silversurfer6 10-28-2020 04:31 PM

B&W is now owned by Sound United

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dilettante (Post 1019034)
I think it's been finalize now that B&W is officially owned by and part of Sound United Group. Got a feeling that Rotel will soon join the gang since B&W & Rotel have always had close relationship and B&W has always distributed Rotel products in much of the world.

Dont know about Rotel since Marantz is playing in similar market segments with their more expensive lines.

Greg Gale 10-28-2020 05:16 PM

B&W part of Sound United Group

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dilettante (Post 1019034)

Very interesting as Classe who B&W owned and sold is also part of Sound United Group.

Hopefully they will get an influx of capital and continue to let the R&D folks in Steyning the freedom to design and improve the product like Joe Atkins did for the D3 series which is in my opinion the best expression yet of a great and timeless speaker design.

Masterlu 10-28-2020 08:54 PM

Greg Gale... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Dilettante 10-29-2020 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Gale (Post 1019179)
Very interesting as Classe who B&W owned and sold is also part of Sound United Group.

Hopefully they will get an influx of capital and continue to let the R&D folks in Steyning the freedom to design and improve the product like Joe Atkins did for the D3 serious which is in my opinion the best expression yet of a great and timeless speaker design.

It is very interesting to see Classe and B&W under the same roof again, only this time both brands are now owned by Sound United. When B&W owned Classe from 2001 thru 2017/2018, B&W has always voiced and tuned their 800 series Diamond speakers using Classe amps and their lower end models (700/CM series & 600 series) using Rotel amps. At the time Classe and Rotel was under B&W Group. Rotel has always had close relationship with B&W and B&W Group had always distributed Rotel products since 1980s. But Rotel was never owned by B&W. On the other hand, Classe was owned and distributed by B&W Group since 2001 up until 2017/2018.

B&W has always been using Classe amps to pair their 800 series Diamond speakers with at the shows and at some dealers. They have great synergy together. You will see same pairings at the Abbey Road Studios in London.

Greg Gale 10-29-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dilettante (Post 1019236)
It is very interesting to see Classe and B&W under the same roof again, only this time both brands are now owned by Sound United. When B&W owned Classe from 2001 thru 2017/2018, B&W has always voiced and tuned their 800 series Diamond speakers using Classe amps and their lower end models (700/CM series & 600 series) using Rotel amps. At the time Classe and Rotel was under B&W Group. Rotel has always had close relationship with B&W and B&W Group had always distributed Rotel products since 1980s. But Rotel was never owned by B&W. On the other hand, Classe was owned and distributed by B&W Group since 2001 up until 2017/2018.

B&W has always been using Classe amps to pair their 800 series Diamond speakers with at the shows and at some dealers. They have great synergy together. You will see same pairings at the Abbey Road Studios in London.

Agreed on the paring. I have 802D3 with Classe CA-2300 and I am very satisfied.

Dilettante 10-30-2020 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Gale (Post 1019322)
Agreed on the paring. I have 802D3 with Classe CA-2300 and I am very satisfied.

For your 802 D3 you should go with at least the Classe Delta CAM 300 monoblock amps or the CAM 600 monoblock amps will even be better.

You should look into the new Classe Delta Mono monoblock amps. those are great sounding amps, much improved over Classe's previous models eg CAM 600 or CAM 300 monoblocks. The new Delta Mono amps will pair well with your 802 D3. The matching new Delta Pre stereo preamp pairs really well with the matching Delta Mono or Stereo amps.