AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Altaira has arrived (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=52068)

Dr. Sleep 03-04-2023 12:51 PM

Altaira has arrived

I received my Altaira last week; purchased blindly from talking to Ivan. Oh my goodness, this is just crazy! I have never experienced anything remotely this good.

Everything, and I mean everything sounds so much better! Of course I have no real life understanding how this magic box works, but let me tell you “it is worth it’s weight in gold”

Congrats Shunyata, and thank you Ivan.

Puma Cat 03-04-2023 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Sleep (Post 1072379)
I received my Altaira last week; purchased blindly from talking to Ivan. Oh my goodness, this is just crazy! I have never experienced anything remotely this good.

Everything, and I mean everything sounds so much better! Of course I have no real life understanding how this magic box works, but let me tell you “it is worth it’s weight in gold”

Haha! :thumbsup:

Pretty amazing, eh? Congrats! :tresbon:

I've got a segmented system with one SG hub dedicated to the "front end" (my Lumin P1) and another SG hub solely dedicated to the Constellation Inspiration integrated amp, and if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say the implementing this segmented Altaira set-up provided something on the order of a 40% improvement in overall system performance; it's just insane what will Altaira do for a system. :banana:

The benefits are synergistic, so if you add another Altaira to develop a segmented system, you'll get a concomitant and additive increase in audio quality.

At some point, I'll get another SG hub, and have one dedicated to the Inspiration's L channel, and one for the R channel, as the Inspiration is fully dual-mono throughout.

As my Lumin P1 is fully run-in, there are evenings when I'm listening to music and something particularly well-mastered comes on, and I'm literally yelling out loud, "Goddam!"

Now, when I hear other systems that don't have it, I hear the hash, grit, grain, "spittiness" from the noise on the ground-plane.

Absolute breakthrough product.

bodiezaffa 03-04-2023 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Sleep (Post 1072379)

Mike! Im so happy for you, truly.
I also bought the Altaira blindly and expect its arrival in 4/5 weeks.
Did all your "boxes" have grounding pins or did you go through the multimeter exercise to find the best screw to attach.
Can you reply with a few details of what improvements you noticed.
:banana::thumbsup:

Dr. Sleep 03-04-2023 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodiezaffa (Post 1072387)
Mike! Im so happy for you, truly.
I also bought the Altaira blindly and expect its arrival in 4/5 weeks.
Did all your "boxes" have grounding pins or did you go through the multimeter exercise to find the best screw to attach.
Can you reply with a few details of what improvements you noticed.
:banana::thumbsup:

None of my gear had grounding posts. I followed Ivan’s guidance, as he also has Accuphase gear.

The sound has improved in so many ways. First; it’s more dynamic/live sounding by a significant amount. It draws me in like never before. I’m finding that I listen longer, and more frequent too.

Music is more visceral, kind of like I made a major amp/speaker upgrade. I know, it sounds impossible; but it’s real. I disconnect the Altaira and can hardly believe I was happy with my system before Altaira.

I’m not done; I already ordered the Altaira Signal Ground hub, I just want to get the very best from all my existing gear.

Altaira is no joke, or tweek. Don’t even demo one if you aren’t prepared to keep it. I’ve never experienced anything like this before in the hobby. Shunyata is so far ahead of the competition, they will never catch up.

Am I excited; you bet I am.

Vintage Pete 03-04-2023 08:21 PM

Congratulations! I'm very much interested in this device (I should say devices). Since discussing it with Ivan, I've been thinking about it a LOT.

I have some questions about this that I'll be posting in the near future. Unfortunately I''m not in the position to act on it just jet...:sigh: :sigh:

Puma Cat 03-04-2023 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Sleep (Post 1072392)
None of my gear had grounding posts. I followed Ivan’s guidance, as he also has Accuphase gear.

The sound has improved in so many ways. First; it’s more dynamic/live sounding by a significant amount. It draws me in like never before. I’m finding that I listen longer, and more frequent too.

Music is more visceral, kind of like I made a major amp/speaker upgrade. I know, it sounds impossible; but it’s real. I disconnect the Altaira and can hardly believe I was happy with my system before Altaira.

I’m not done; I already ordered the Altaira Signal Ground hub, I just want to get the very best from all my existing gear.

Altaira is no joke, or tweek. Don’t even demo one if you aren’t prepared to keep it. I’ve never experienced anything like this before in the hobby. Shunyata is so far ahead of the competition, they will never catch up.

Am I excited; you bet I am.

The bass is notably better, too.

Masterlu 03-04-2023 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 1072399)
The bass is notably better, too.

I found that to be true also. :yes:

jfray 03-04-2023 10:12 PM

This is interesting….. it’s a grounding hub? It provides an additional grounding path to the plug? I’m trying to visualize what’s happening….. google here we go

SCAudiophile 03-04-2023 10:24 PM

Congratulations! They are indeed fantastic component-level changes to the system. I am getting ready to order my second and upgrade all the Delta and my few Alpha cables to a combination of Omega and Sigma! In the year+ since I was able to add Altaira SGC, I have been extremely impressed and happy with the results!

piolaxo 03-04-2023 11:09 PM

Is it possible to share the MSRP. I'm sure is out of my range, and I don't even have
the space for it, so just curious. The comments here are so tempting. Then also in my
system the benefits won't be as dramatic of the systems here in AA.

Edit: I see the price on the website duh! Sometimes they don't show them.