AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   ADD-Powr (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   ADD-Powr listening impressions! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47482)

Masterlu 01-27-2020 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 993736)
That’s why he is also a verb - Ivanize or Ivanized.

As in; “It only took a year before my audio system was Ivanized.”

:) :thumbsup:

Masterlu 01-27-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 993738)
Hardest workin’ man in the audio business.......he’s our version of James Brown

:tiphat:

Vintage Pete 09-26-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkizz (Post 993716)
I'm starting to get the feeling that Ivan doesn't half-do anything.

alkizzz...so, you noticed that too? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarsT (Post 993610)
Is that a waffle maker on the top shelf 🤣🤣

Ivan....please do tell us what that thing is, really. It looks like a turntable with a record clamp/weight on it, but with no tonearm. Something is telling me it isn't.

And whatever it is, who would have one by their power panel? :crazy:

crwilli 09-26-2020 11:09 AM

ASUS Router???

Masterlu 09-26-2020 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 1015516)
alkizzz...so, you noticed that too? :D

Ivan....please do tell us what that thing is, really. It looks like a turntable with a record clamp/weight on it, but with no tonearm. Something is telling me it isn't.

And whatever it is, who would have one by their power panel? :crazy:

It is a Furutech Demag

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...1&d=1601134402

https://www.musicdirect.com/equipmen...p-demagnetizer

Vintage Pete 09-26-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1015522)

Well, of course it is.....silly me!! :lmao:

Masterlu 09-26-2020 11:35 AM

I received mine as a gift, and it really works.

Furutech DeMag LP Demagnetizer

After You Try it, You Won't Play a Record or CD Without It

The new Furutech DeMag is a brand-new tool for demagnetizing LPs, CDs, DVDs, SACDs, CD-Rs and DVD-Audio discs. It can also remove built-up magnetism in interconnects, speaker cables and power cords. We know what you're thinking: Records are made of vinyl. How can you demagnetize an LP? Furutech tells us the carbon used to color vinyl attracts a magneticcharge and this charge affects the magnetic fields in your cartridgecreating distortion. After you demagnetize your records on the DeMag, you will not believe the difference.

"If you are a lover of the vinyl LP, this unit from Furutech will be one of those all-to-rare "must-have" components. There is information in the grooves that is always being obscured, minimized, and dulled by the interaction between magnetism on the disc and the electronics of the cartridge. So what will you hear? Deep, deeper into the heart of the recording itself. The difference has really shocked members of my listening panel–it's that obvious!"
– Harry Pearson, The Absolute Sound, Golden Ear Awards

We're not sure why digital media would be subject to the same phenomena, but over the years, we've heard the effects of demagnetizing CDs, DVDs and even CD-Rs can make with great increases in clarity, transparency and extension. The DeMag, does it better than any other device we've used.

"For whatever reason, demagnetizing an LP definitely removed high frequency glare and seemed to enrich the midband... It did. Everytime... Period. The difference was obvious... And do not try one of these devices unless you're prepared to buy it!"
– Michael Fremer, Stereophile

The DeMag even removes residual magnetic fields from your audio cables. Over time, the materials and impurities in your cables will become magnetized, which distorts their tonal balance and ability to reproduce a sonic space. Just loop your cables and place them on top of the DeMag for a session, when your jaw comes off the floor, give us a call, let us know how impressed you were.

No matter how expensive your components are, you will hear an increase in resolution and a more natural sense of "flow" to all of your records and discs after treatment with the DeMag. We want you to try this accessory for yourself, but beware... you won't want to be without it after you hear what the DeMag does.

Common sense note: Please do not use the DeMag on any magnetic media, such as cassettes, reel to reel tapes, 8-Tracks or with phono cartridges.

PHC1 09-26-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1015524)
I received mine as a gift, and it really works.

Furutech DeMag LP Demagnetizer

After You Try it, You Won't Play a Record or CD Without It

The new Furutech DeMag is a brand-new tool for demagnetizing LPs, CDs, DVDs, SACDs, CD-Rs and DVD-Audio discs. It can also remove built-up magnetism in interconnects, speaker cables and power cords. We know what you're thinking: Records are made of vinyl. How can you demagnetize an LP? Furutech tells us the carbon used to color vinyl attracts a magneticcharge and this charge affects the magnetic fields in your cartridgecreating distortion. After you demagnetize your records on the DeMag, you will not believe the difference.

"If you are a lover of the vinyl LP, this unit from Furutech will be one of those all-to-rare "must-have" components. There is information in the grooves that is always being obscured, minimized, and dulled by the interaction between magnetism on the disc and the electronics of the cartridge. So what will you hear? Deep, deeper into the heart of the recording itself. The difference has really shocked members of my listening panel–it's that obvious!"
– Harry Pearson, The Absolute Sound, Golden Ear Awards

We're not sure why digital media would be subject to the same phenomena, but over the years, we've heard the effects of demagnetizing CDs, DVDs and even CD-Rs can make with great increases in clarity, transparency and extension. The DeMag, does it better than any other device we've used.

"For whatever reason, demagnetizing an LP definitely removed high frequency glare and seemed to enrich the midband... It did. Everytime... Period. The difference was obvious... And do not try one of these devices unless you're prepared to buy it!"
– Michael Fremer, Stereophile

The DeMag even removes residual magnetic fields from your audio cables. Over time, the materials and impurities in your cables will become magnetized, which distorts their tonal balance and ability to reproduce a sonic space. Just loop your cables and place them on top of the DeMag for a session, when your jaw comes off the floor, give us a call, let us know how impressed you were.

No matter how expensive your components are, you will hear an increase in resolution and a more natural sense of "flow" to all of your records and discs after treatment with the DeMag. We want you to try this accessory for yourself, but beware... you won't want to be without it after you hear what the DeMag does.

Common sense note: Please do not use the DeMag on any magnetic media, such as cassettes, reel to reel tapes, 8-Tracks or with phono cartridges.

I would need a DeMag version for “streaming”. :D I’m missing out on all the fun since I stopped buying physical media... :tears:

Vintage Pete 09-26-2020 03:47 PM

Ivan....the more I look at the photo of your power panel area, the more I see! :crazy: :D

Masterlu 09-26-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 1015563)
Ivan....the more I look at the photo of your power panel area, the more I see! :crazy: :D

Pete... this is only one of many panels that I have. There are only 400 amps on this board; the entire home has 1000 amp service. :confused-18:

Vintage Pete 09-26-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1015572)
Pete... this is only one of many panels that I have. There are only 400 amps on this board; the entire home has 1000 amp service. :confused-18:

Ivan....I kind of figured that wasn't the only one. I'm sure they are all similarly "equipped". :smoking:

Kingrex 10-12-2020 12:03 PM

For those more faint of funds, Ed brought 2 electraclear and 1 symphony to my house. Maybe $300 in total. I did not let him leave with them. Profound improvement. You can play with the big boy toys, but the small inexpensive pieces are a huge gain for.little money.

allemart 09-11-2021 09:34 PM

Sharing my power conditioning experience to help others looking at the task. A power noise filter showed I had noise on my incoming mains. My utility tried to help and installed a new transformer at my feed. Still noise that varied by time of day. "Late night listening" was always better. Reading reviews, etc, the Niagara 5000 seemed a good choice. The noise meter showed marked reduction on it's "amplifer" outlets. The other "source / line level" outlets actually got worse. So, it went back to dealer.

Next came a Puritan 156 power conditioner. It did a good job with the "line level" components. It did not have the current rating for large amplifiers. I was still left with a need for power conditioning for my amplifier. Enter the ADD Power Sorcer x4.

After a generous phone conversation with Ivan I felt comfortable giving it a try. He took time to candidly discuss my system and his experience with power conditioners. I received the Sorcer x4 and installed it at an outlet by my panel. The difference was love at first sound. All the reviews are true. It creates a depth, fluidity and greater s/n that makes for totally non fatiguing listening. The power issues are 100% gone. It works great with your existing power conditioners, so no issues there. It's truly new technology which creates real benefit to the sound.

To anyone considering this device- do it. Ivan gives a trial period, but you'll keep it.

Thanks,
Allen

Masterlu 09-11-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allemart (Post 1045058)
Sharing my power conditioning experience to help others looking at the task. A power noise filter showed I had noise on my incoming mains. My utility tried to help and installed a new transformer at my feed. Still noise that varied by time of day. "Late night listening" was always better. Reading reviews, etc, the Niagara 5000 seemed a good choice. The noise meter showed marked reduction on it's "amplifer" outlets. The other "source / line level" outlets actually got worse. So, it went back to dealer.

Next came a Puritan 156 power conditioner. It did a good job with the "line level" components. It did not have the current rating for large amplifiers. I was still left with a need for power conditioning for my amplifier. Enter the ADD Power Sorcer x4.

After a generous phone conversation with Ivan I felt comfortable giving it a try. He took time to candidly discuss my system and his experience with power conditioners. I received the Sorcer x4 and installed it at an outlet by my panel. The difference was love at first sound. All the reviews are true. It creates a depth, fluidity and greater s/n that makes for totally non fatiguing listening. The power issues are 100% gone. It works great with your existing power conditioners, so no issues there. It's truly new technology which creates real benefit to the sound.

To anyone considering this device- do it. Ivan gives a trial period, but you'll keep it.

Thanks,
Allen

Thanks Allen... enjoy! :music:

Vintage Pete 09-12-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allemart (Post 1045058)

Thanks,
Allen

Allen.....thanks for sharing your experience. I currently have an Electra-clear EAU2 on duty in my primary system. This whetted my appetite, and I'm currently in the queue for an Add-Powr Wizard. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to installing it. At that point, my EAU2 will go on duty in one of my other setups. :yes: