AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Aurender S10 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=11346)

JSCC 12-12-2011 09:52 PM

Aurender S10

Attached link on the review of this product. Good review too. US$6999. I would consider this IF I had not the Meridian Sooloos.

Heard and saw this item at the local show and am very impressed. Happy reading folks. :thumbsup:

Aurender S10 Music Server Review | Computer Audiophile

MyPal 12-12-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSCC (Post 239290)
Attached link on the review of this product. Good review too. US$6999. I would consider this IF I had not the Meridian Sooloos.

Heard and saw this item at the local show and am very impressed. Happy reading folks. :thumbsup:

Aurender S10 Music Server Review | Computer Audiophile

+1. :thumbsup: (You just beat me to it. I started another thread on this. MasterLu please merge the 2 threads)

http://www.audioaficionado.org/239305-post1.html

Still-One 12-12-2011 11:39 PM

Jerry
There have seen two positive reviews in magazines lately for this unit. I have been thinking about trying one out.

Jim

Penthouse-D 03-18-2013 07:13 PM

I was considering this unit, but I've read that it doesn't mate well with Esoteric. I have a K-03 that I love. There was a post on a'gon stating it won't work well with the K-01. Has anyone tried the pair??

MyPal 03-18-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penthouse-D (Post 462866)
I was considering this unit, but I've read that it doesn't mate well with Esoteric. I have a K-03 that I love. There was a post on a'gon stating it won't work well with the K-01. Has anyone tried the pair??

I demoed an S10 tethered to a K-01 via AES3. :banana:

Nearly made me buy an S10. Nice box & LCD displays on the front panel. Then I did more research & found that perhaps I should wait for the R10....Well the R10 never came, neither did the S30.

Now there is the much improved W20. Not sure if the World Clock output will marry with Esoteric?

There are new prototypes, the X100 which looks like a small form factor USB only version.

Personally, I think the media player space is still defining itself, these products have yet to evolve further & are waaaaay too overpriced for what they are....

The future IMO, is solid state memory playback, no moving parts. All of these have noise polluting spinning hot HDDs inside. Spinning or not, the replay function in the Aurender does not detract from the fact that they are juicing the internal power line.

For now a CAPSV3 Zuma/SOtM derivative of my own concoction will do the job for me at a fraction of the price. This project will probably give any media player out there a run for the money & also offer versatility to perform other duties. For those that are interested, the Gigabyte Sniper M3 looks like a good Z77 board for this application, fitted with a 3770T CPU.

X100 Prototype? Who knows with Aurender...They have more prototypes than anything real.
http://www.hificlub.co.kr/upn/1303/a...bZOAIpN60j.jpg

doggiehowser 03-18-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

That was cos the poster wanted to use USB. The esoteric has proprietary USB drivers that you need to install and esoteric only has drivers for windows and Mac.

The Aurender only works with USB Audio class 2.0 devices (generic driver)

Masterlu 04-10-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

I have requested a demo unit, I'll report back once I get it.

JoelG 04-17-2013 12:28 AM

In searching for a digital music source to go with my new turntable and 2 channel ARC system, I became interested in the Berkeley Audio DAC Series 2 along with the Alpha USB. That seemed to get rave reviews. That left the server. When I contacted a local Berkeley dealer, he suggested the Aurender, and indicated that this nicely complements the Berkeley DAC and with the Aurender, I would not need the Alpha USB. It seems like the Aurender is well built, and has a very nice interface for ipad control. Maybe this will be my selection. So many choices!

Masterlu 04-17-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 477074)
I have requested a demo unit, I'll report back once I get it.

I heard back from them, they are not appointing any dealers at this time. :dunno:

jdandy 04-17-2013 12:36 AM

Ivan.......Kind of strange. It seems they have a few prototypes being shown but no current offerings. Without a dealer network perhaps they are hoping for online sales once they have something to sell.