AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Speaker Cable Survey (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=1569)

Masterlu 07-11-2009 04:51 AM

I could save some money by buying a Large Spool of Platinum Eclipse (40M) cost would still be $128K without any terminations.

klipschfan 07-11-2009 06:49 AM

Synergistic Research-Tesla Apex
8 foot pair-6500.00
Manufacturer's Description:
TESLA Apex Speaker Cable incorporates the most advanced transducer signal transfer technology in the world. This special cable design uses both PMC ( Pure Mono Crystal) Silver and Silver Matrix Alloy as conductor materials combined with dual Tricon Lens and a quad Acoustic Speaker geometry to create a technologically unique breakthrough in speaker cable performance. In addition to selected conductor material and geometry TESLA Apex combines a brand new unique Zero Capacitance Active Shielding circuitry which actually prevents phase shift anomolies throughout the bandwidth in signal transfer. The result is a much lower noise floor, blacker background and solid accurate images that just seem to hang in the air. TESLA Apex Speaker will outperform all other cables in terms of dimension and detail and adds a significant level of refinement, musicality and pin point accuracy through it's use of these uncompromising technologies. TESLA Apex Speaker is the true no compromise speaker cable for the listener who wants it all.

1KW 07-11-2009 08:14 AM

All I can say is my wireworld cables are only copper and I am happy :D

Still-One 07-11-2009 08:31 AM

Transparent Ultra's MM2 - 8' B-Wire $3145. IMHO a bargain.

Masterlu 07-11-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 27094)
All I can say is my wireworld cables are only copper and I am happy :D

And that makes me happy! :)

schaefer11 07-11-2009 09:38 AM

Oh I really shouldn't do this. But here goes.

16 guage copper wire. $12.00 for 50ft.

I have used the writings of the likes of Paul Klipsch and Roger Russell, plus my own inability to hear differences in wires, to guide my expenditures.

1KW 07-11-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schaefer11 (Post 27116)
Oh I really shouldn't do this. But here goes.

16 guage copper wire. $12.00 for 50ft.

I have used the writings of the likes of Paul Klipsch and Roger Russell, plus my own inability to hear differences in wires, to guide my expenditures.

You remind me alot of myself :yes: Not so long ago I had similar speaker wire and called more expensive speaker wire "jewelry". I could not understand how going from a MC252 to a pair of MC501's or changing speaker wire or going from RCA to balanced IC would make a huge difference. Have an open mind and your system will improve with the recommendations here on AA.

schaefer11 07-11-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 27119)
You remind me alot of myself :yes: Not so long ago I had similar speaker wire and called more expensive speaker wire "jewelry". I could not understand how going from a MC252 to a pair of MC501's or changing speaker wire or going from RCA to balanced IC would make a huge difference. Have an open mind and your system will improve with the recommendations here on AA.

At $3600 per meter, I don't think I want to be able to hear any difference!:D

It has been said that people hear difference when they make an audio purchase because they want to justify their purchase. I think I am operating in the reverse of that, not hearing differences because of the cost involved!

1KW 07-11-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schaefer11 (Post 27126)
At $3600 per meter, I don't think I want to be able to hear any difference!:D

It has been said that people hear difference when they make an audio purchase because they want to justify their purchase. I think I am operating in the reverse of that, not hearing differences because of the cost involved!

I did not spend anywhere near $3600 for my wire, infact I spent less and noticed a difference. Going from analog RCA to balanced cables gives you a extra third wire lead which phase cancels out line noise. Here is my initial impression of the speaker wire: http://audioaficionado.org/cables-ga...ght-again.html Read the entire thread and you may be surprised by my change in attitude after having the wire world cables in my system. Private message Ivan and he can recommend something for your system that will not break the bank.

schaefer11 07-11-2009 10:36 AM

I am afraid I've taken this off topic. Back to the survey.....