AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Remote Control (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   RF Universal Remotes (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42045)

Masterlu 07-22-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 924156)
Are URC’s programmable by consumers or does one have to have a dealer do it? I would be doing this on an apple. The URC website indicates dealer programming only so far as I can tell.

URC Programming software is only made available to dealers.

W9TR 07-22-2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paret (Post 923854)
Does anyone know how to program the alternate remote codes for a C2600 on a Harmony 650?

I’m using it with Passthru in conjunction with my MX-151 and have the HT part all programmed.

To listen to music it powers the MX and not the C2600 which I have setup with the alternate remote codes.

I can use the Mc remote just for this but the Harmony works great with everything else and it would be awesome to use just one remote.

Thank you.

Similar situation here. MX 152 and C1100. The workaround I used with my Harmony Elite was to teach it the few alternate codes needed for my C1100 preamp. A bit of a tedious process but it works great.

Tom

Mr. Big 07-22-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 924156)
Are URC’s programmable by consumers or does one have to have a dealer do it? I would be doing this on an apple. The URC website indicates dealer programming only so far as I can tell.

Even if you could get the software it'll only work on a Windows operating system, or you can use a emulator such as Parallels on a Mac.

Weirdcuba 07-22-2018 11:13 PM

I have an old urc. I may try to have the dealer work on it, but the harmonys are very reasonably priced.

Mr. Big 07-23-2018 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 924240)
I have an old urc. I may try to have the dealer work on it, but the harmonys are very reasonably priced.

If your old URC is as old as my old MX-950, you might have trouble finding someone to program it. It can only be programmed with the old Windows XP operating system which is why I had to toss it back in 2006.

ssto5535 07-23-2018 02:52 PM

I have a Logitech Harmony companion + Hub for the home theater system. I purchased several off-brand IR emitters for my equipment and I have been very happy with it for the last year. I sent the first unit back for a replacement when it stopped maintaining a reliable connection to my wifi network (new one drops Wifi too, so it is probably my AP). This is no longer a problem since I configured the hub to send IR to my Roku instead of using the network. Ironic that old-school IR is still more robust than wifi. The only improvement I desire on the hub would be the addition of Ethernet (possibly POE) since it is more robust than wifi.

I also have two Harmony 350's, one for the living room and one for the bedroom setups. My only dislikes are inability to support macros and that it is not RF (But I knew that and accepted the trade-offs when I purchased them).

Poppyhome 07-23-2018 03:11 PM

I use the Harmony Elite here, and you can configure easily to your hearts content. :thumbsup:

Ron