AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Photography (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   What's your favorite Camera store? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=1485)

Masterlu 07-02-2009 11:07 PM

What's your favorite Camera store?

Mine is fast becoming B&H Photo. :thumbsup:

Great prices, ridiculous inventory, fast shipping.

gregswaim 07-02-2009 11:40 PM

Wolfe Camera.

1KW 07-03-2009 08:33 AM

Allen's Camera, he will beat BH photo's prices and since he is local service has been great. He once swapped out my 3 month old camera for a brand new one. When I have an event and I need a long telephoto, he has loaned me a 400 mm telephoto for free just because I am a good customer. I have purchased 3 digital SLR's, several lens, tripods, camera bags, books, printers and several point and shoot camera's from him over the last 5 years. Home Page

Still-One 07-03-2009 08:37 AM

We have two decent locals dealers in SE Michigan whose prices are pretty competitive and they both carry the good stuff. Camera Mart, Inc and Adray Photo.

enjoythemusic 07-09-2009 04:42 PM

B&H. Great prices and service. Went there dressed like a schlub and still the guy behind the counter treated me nicely, took his time with me as i was asking to see various Hassenblad and Rollei stuff plus the odd Leica trying to figure out what analog system i wanted to go with.

End result: Got the 503CW, larage flash and other Hass bits as a package deal from B&H. Sadly, sold it all 2 years later... good news is that i got MORE than i paid for it :)

Note To Self: NEVER AGAIN try huffing around a full Hass setup at audio shows. Awesome pics, but the sheer weight of it all....

Sadly, no really good camera stores near me and it is hard to beat B&H's selection and hands on try before you buy.

AudioNut 09-26-2009 10:28 AM

Two Excellent Stores Are . . . . .

I've dealt with B&H for years. Excellent service, speedy "no questions asked" returns if you guess wrong, Helpful personnel both on the phone and in the store.

For Used stuff - KEH - is outstanding - huge inventory - very helpful folks - good for trade in or for selling your used equipment.

SoundEarphones 09-26-2009 02:41 PM

B&H for me or Amazon.

Taylode 09-26-2009 02:54 PM

B&H has become mine, which is to bad because I have a really good store close to work with a huge inventory. Unfortunately, they don't discount at all except for factory discounts. I'll use them for some items but nothing major.

MikeSp 10-24-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelM (Post 38968)
B&H for me or Amazon.

Same here -- my first choice is Amazon for major items, then B&H -- and then Adorama. Although they have not bothered me with it for some time, B&H used to call after the order and try to upsell which was an irritant.

Henry Posner of B&H used to (or currently does?) participate in the DPReview forums and was helpful with some people that were having difficulties with orders.

MikeSp