AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Analog Pressings (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   Limited Edition New Vinyl (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=51185)

prepress 05-22-2022 03:58 PM

Limited Edition New Vinyl

2 Attachment(s)
I didn't really want to start a thread for this, but was more excited than usual about the purchase and felt to "tell" somebody. I recently purchased Verve: The Sound of America Collector's Edition. It's a limited-edition 10-LP set featuring some killer albums and is accomanied by a signed copy of the book "Verve: The Sound of America" by Richard Havers. There are only 500 copies. The 10 albums:

Charlie Parker
Charlie Parker with Strings

Count Basie
April in Paris

Billie Holiday
Lady Sings the Blues

Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
Ella and Louis

Stan Getz
Big Band Bossa Nova

Quincy Jones
Big Band Bossa Nova

Bill Evans
Conversations with Myself

The Oscar Peterson Trio
Night Train

Jimmy Smith
The Cat

George Benson
Giblet Gravy

The LPs are all 180g vinyl. I haven't played anything yet; in fact I haven't played any vinyl in a while, but I've started to buy it again despite that. And I have space in my LP rack; the CD rack is full.

I have some Mosaic LP sets which are also limited, but those are usually a few thousand; this is only 500. I feel like a collector, almost! Does anyone else have any limited edition LPs they're excited about?

Formerly YB-2 05-22-2022 08:07 PM

Send all your unplayed vinyl to me. I'll be happy to play them for you. :thumbsup:

Antonmb 05-22-2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formerly yb-2 (Post 1060917)
send all your unplayed vinyl to me. I'll be happy to play them for you. :thumbsup:

🤣🤣🤣

prepress 05-27-2022 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1060917)
Send all your unplayed vinyl to me. I'll be happy to play them for you. :thumbsup:

The shipping would cost me too much. :D

jameslrock 05-27-2022 06:45 PM

Interesting. Please PM me where you located the collection. Thanks

dcanlas 05-28-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prepress (Post 1060912)
I didn't really want to start a thread for this, but was more excited than usual about the purchase and felt to "tell" somebody. I recently purchased Verve: The Sound of America Collector's Edition. It's a limited-edition 10-LP set featuring some killer albums and is accomanied by a signed copy of the book "Verve: The Sound of America" by Richard Havers. There are only 500 copies. The 10 albums:

Charlie Parker
Charlie Parker with Strings

Count Basie
April in Paris

Billie Holiday
Lady Sings the Blues

Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
Ella and Louis

Stan Getz
Big Band Bossa Nova

Quincy Jones
Big Band Bossa Nova

Bill Evans
Conversations with Myself

The Oscar Peterson Trio
Night Train

Jimmy Smith
The Cat

George Benson
Giblet Gravy

The LPs are all 180g vinyl. I haven't played anything yet; in fact I haven't played any vinyl in a while, but I've started to buy it again despite that. And I have space in my LP rack; the CD rack is full.

I have some Mosaic LP sets which are also limited, but those are usually a few thousand; this is only 500. I feel like a collector, almost! Does anyone else have any limited edition LPs they're excited about?

Where did you buy the set? Thanks

prepress 05-28-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcanlas (Post 1061201)
Where did you buy the set? Thanks

I got it from Daedalus Books, from their catalog. The website says it's no longer available; don't know if that means not available period or just from them. But it's supposedly limited to 500 copies, a small number.

dcanlas 05-29-2022 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prepress (Post 1061225)
I got it from Daedalus Books, from their catalog. The website says it's no longer available; don't know if that means not available period or just from them. But it's supposedly limited to 500 copies, a small number.

Thank you!