AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Video (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Stewart Cabaret vs Luxus Electric Screens (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50894)

Jimmy 02-20-2022 01:12 AM

Stewart Cabaret vs Luxus Electric Screens

I have a media room that will have a wall mounted flat panel TV and I need an electric screen to cover it on movie nights. I am going with a Stewart screen just don't know if the extra money for the Cabaret vs the Luxus is worth it. The Cabaret appears to have more options and better aesthetics, but not sure if its truly worth the extra money. Curious if anyone here is using either screen and could provide feedback.

Masterlu 02-20-2022 10:11 AM

Jimmy… first, welcome back! I have experience with both; you will be more than satisfied with a Stewart Luxus Electric.

Jimmy 02-20-2022 03:16 PM

Thank you Ivan, Happy to be back home!!! Working on some measurements will be in touch!!:thumbsup:

btn2803 02-20-2022 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy (Post 1055742)
I have a media room that will have a wall mounted flat panel TV and I need an electric screen to cover it on movie nights. I am going with a Stewart screen just don't know if the extra money for the Cabaret vs the Luxus is worth it. The Cabaret appears to have more options and better aesthetics, but not sure if its truly worth the extra money. Curious if anyone here is using either screen and could provide feedback.

Hi Jimmy,

I have the Cabaret (110 Diag.) in Jet black with StudioTek 130 G4. I also included few options: 1) the Mounting kit which added about 6 inches off the wall so the screen will not interfere with any picture frame that I hang on the back, and 2) the LED Accent which provides more ambience when watching movies, and to me it's worth it. Note that if you opt to include the LED accent, make sure you ask Stewart or your dealer to include the wall outlet that control the LED lights; they forgot it when they shipped mine.

Overall I am very happy with the Cabaret, it's very sleek and it's been operating flawlessly since I have it.

Good luck!

Jimmy 02-21-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn2803 (Post 1055784)
Hi Jimmy,

I have the Cabaret (110 Diag.) in Jet black with StudioTek 130 G4. I also included few options: 1) the Mounting kit which added about 6 inches off the wall so the screen will not interfere with any picture frame that I hang on the back, and 2) the LED Accent which provides more ambience when watching movies, and to me it's worth it. Note that if you opt to include the LED accent, make sure you ask Stewart or your dealer to include the wall outlet that control the LED lights; they forgot it when they shipped mine.

Overall I am very happy with the Cabaret, it's very sleek and it's been operating flawlessly since I have it.

Good luck!

Hi btn2803,

Really appreciate the feedback!! I love the Cabaret, but thinking the Luxus is more practical for me where I can invest the savings in new gear. I am installing a flat screen TV (for broadcast TV, kids, etc.) which the drop down screen will need to cover, it's ~4.25" off the wall so the 6" offset that you are using should do the trick for me. Are you using it in dedicated room. . . any windows? What made you go with the StudioTek 130G4 vs the StudioTek 100? I have one window that I plan to use blackout shades and heavy curtains in a dedicated room and don't want any washout with these screens.

btn2803 02-22-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy (Post 1055832)
Hi btn2803,

Really appreciate the feedback!! I love the Cabaret, but thinking the Luxus is more practical for me where I can invest the savings in new gear. I am installing a flat screen TV (for broadcast TV, kids, etc.) which the drop down screen will need to cover, it's ~4.25" off the wall so the 6" offset that you are using should do the trick for me. Are you using it in dedicated room. . . any windows? What made you go with the StudioTek 130G4 vs the StudioTek 100? I have one window that I plan to use blackout shades and heavy curtains in a dedicated room and don't want any washout with these screens.

I had StudioTek 130 in my previous HT room and I liked it very much when paired with the JVC projector, so I selected the StudioTek for my current HT room, which is a dedicated room, but it has windows. Similar to what you intend to do, I used blackout shades. I wish I can paint the walls & ceiling in a darker color, but this would not pass WAF :D

Thanh

Jimmy 02-22-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn2803 (Post 1055840)
I had StudioTek 130 in my previous HT room and I liked it very much when paired with the JVC projector, so I selected the StudioTek for my current HT room, which is a dedicated room, but it has windows. Similar to what you intend to do, I used blackout shades. I wish I can paint the walls & ceiling in a darker color, but this would not pass WAF :D

Thanh

Hi Thanh,

What backout shades did you use, any light bleeding thru the corners? No curtains? Yeah I would fail WAF too by painting the ceilings:-)

Jimmy

btn2803 02-22-2022 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy (Post 1055881)
Hi Thanh,

What backout shades did you use, any light bleeding thru the corners? No curtains? Yeah I would fail WAF too by painting the ceilings:-)

Jimmy

I bought a blackout roller shade for the windows (see link below) I live in AZ so the sun is quite strong, and this shade does a very good job of blocking the sun coming through the window. You can order the shade to size, but make sure the shade covers a bit more on each side of the window frame. On mine, I have 8 inches wider on each side.

Thanh

https://www.selectblinds.com/roller-...l?ColorId=6747

Jimmy 02-23-2022 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn2803 (Post 1055884)
I bought a blackout roller shade for the windows (see link below) I live in AZ so the sun is quite strong, and this shade does a very good job of blocking the sun coming through the window. You can order the shade to size, but make sure the shade covers a bit more on each side of the window frame. On mine, I have 8 inches wider on each side.

Thanh

Hi Thanh,

I really appreciate all the information you shared as it's very helpful. Thank you again!!

Jimmy

Jimmy 02-27-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn2803 (Post 1055884)

Thanh

Hi Thanh,

Just curious on your 110" screen how far back do you sit?

Thanks

Jimmy