AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Analog Pressings (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   How much new Vinyl do you have... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46646)

Weirdcuba 04-05-2020 09:36 PM

Tons. I have been without turntable since last July, but I keep on buying vinyl from my local record shop - mostly as my meager attempt to help keep him running. I bought 7 more yesterday and he was so grateful, he brought them by my house.

Support your local record store!

audioguy3107 04-05-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 1000966)
Tons. I have been without turntable since last July, but I keep on buying vinyl from my local record shop - mostly as my meager attempt to help keep him running. I bought 7 more yesterday and he was so grateful, he brought them by my house.

Support your local record store!

Jim, Decatur CD I assume? Any idea how he’s doing? This must be especially tough for a small shop like his.

- Buck

Weirdcuba 04-06-2020 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 1000968)
Jim, Decatur CD I assume? Any idea how he’s doing? This must be especially tough for a small shop like his.

- Buck

They are relying on eBay sales I think as the store is closed. That is some pricey real estate (or at least it was before all of this), so I hope he does well.

FreddieFerric 04-07-2020 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 1000968)

- Buck

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 1001000)
They are relying on eBay sales I think as the store is closed. That is some pricey real estate (or at least it was before all of this), so I hope he does well.

Just did a Google search on this. That's a really nice record store. Hope they can survive this scourge and get back at life again soon.

Weirdcuba 04-07-2020 06:13 AM

Warren is a nice guy and has spent his entire adult life in the record business. I don’t know how he’s been able to make it this long, and hope this won’t be the end of it for him. Thus, I’ll get more new records in a few days.

Also, he mentioned that a number of pressing plants etc were shutting down, so the supply could start to thin.

FreddieFerric 04-07-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 1001116)
Warren is a nice guy and has spent his entire adult life in the record business. I don’t know how he’s been able to make it this long, and hope this won’t be the end of it for him. Thus, I’ll get more new records in a few days.

Also, he mentioned that a number of pressing plants etc were shutting down, so the supply could start to thin.

You're a good man. Now, why don't you have a TT to play those records on?

Weirdcuba 04-07-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 1001123)
You're a good man. Now, why don't you have a TT to play those records on?

I am in a rental while my home is under renovation. No room for the turntable and lps and phono pre in current set up. Give me a few months, assuming no virus interruptions.

FreddieFerric 04-07-2020 04:36 PM

:thumbsup:

When the time comes, what's on your wish list?

Weirdcuba 04-07-2020 09:04 PM

No wish list - I already own a ClearAudio Innovation / Lyra Kleos and Accuphase C37 - they’re just sitting in boxes waiting on the project to be done. My only wish is to finish this project on time (and closer to budget than I am now) without anyone getting sick in the process (construction is an “essential activity” here in Georgia (although the governor re-opened the beaches a couple days ago, so almost anything could be “essential” pretty soon).

prepress 06-10-2020 01:30 PM

I'm supposed to be cataloging my records as part of an estate assessment. I have a Tedeschi Trucks Band I know is unopened, maybe a Jacintha, plus four LPs on the way: Yuja Wang, Santana, Atlanta Symphony/Shaw, and Deep Purple. There may be more.