AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Shindo Corton Charlemagne Q (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9519)

Jerome W 08-18-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW

:icon_greenbouncer: Congrats. Jerome ! I am looking forward to reading your impressions of your new mono amps. :thumbsup: Our little group is very good at spending your money :roflmao: .

Thanks David !

cmalak 08-18-2011 09:20 AM

Congrats Jerome. I am curious too to see how you like them with your PMCs :thumbsup: Good luck.

Volks 08-18-2011 09:33 AM

Congrtaz Jerome.........now about your MC 2301"s hehe :)

Jerome W 08-18-2011 09:52 AM

Cyril, Michael : Thanks !
Michael : my plan is to keep both. But if I like the Shindo a lot, I may decide to sell the 2301....

Alberto 08-18-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C220MC275 (Post 193696)
Hello Shindo friends !
I'm about to order a pair of those : 4 x the fun « pitch perfect audio
Any thoughts ?

I am sorry I came late to this thread - I've been very busy with work.

It depends on how much of a gambler you are. As Matt said, it might sound wonderful, then again it might not. The impedance curve affects much more than the SPL you can achieve, it affects the tone more dramatically than anything else I can think of other than your speaker-room interaction.

I know your objective is to have a flexible system with one preamp, one set of speakers and two power amps depending on your listening mood. It's an interesting idea, but I am not sure that you'd be getting anything close to the Shindo sound/experience -- and the amp you are considering is not inexpensive.

Alberto

Jerome W 08-18-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberto

I am sorry I came late to this thread - I've been very busy with work.

It depends on how much of a gambler you are. As Matt said, it might sound wonderful, then again it might not. The impedance curve affects much more than the SPL you can achieve, it affects the tone more dramatically than anything else I can think of other than your speaker-room interaction.

I know your objective is to have a flexible system with one preamp, one set of speakers and two power amps depending on your listening mood. It's an interesting idea, but I am not sure that you'd be getting anything close to the Shindo sound/experience -- and the amp you are considering is not inexpensive.

Alberto

Alberto,
Thanks for your remarks.
I consider myself a gambler on that one. We'll see !
But I will consider you personally responsible for what is going to happen :roflmao: !

PHC1 08-18-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C220MC275 (Post 194028)
The more I think about it, the more I realize that I won't be happy until I get Shindo amps in my system. I'm too curious.
The Shindo Corton Charlemagne Q monoblocks will be ordered today.
Will sell them if I don't like them.
We only live once !

Jerome, I like your style! :thumbsup: Yeah! :banana:

PHC1 08-18-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSCC (Post 194025)
Out of curiosity, how come no recommendation to pair Shindo amps with Shindo speakers?

I remember reading somewhere, someone had bought the Shindo TT. Might as well go for the full lineage to get the right SHINDO sound - from input to output? Am I missing something here?

I had this "weird" inclination as after going thru the "mix and match" combo systems I owned before, I finally found the "Meridian sound" (as a system) is that much wholesome. Thats probably true for an entire McIntosh Reference combo too (this Ivan have to chip in). Somehow, I think voicing had to do with this - right from the creation of the gear.

I stand corrected on this thinking though. Welcome opinions on this.

Jerry, Shindo speakers are the holy Grail! :yes: The price is tough to swallow! :tears:

Jerome W 08-18-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1

Jerome, I like your style! :thumbsup: Yeah! :banana:

Thanks Serge !
I met good Masters here. You know, people who go from Krell to Mc to Lamm to Ayon to Shindo....and from SF to Wilson to Tannoy....:roflmao: :thumbsup:
Spice of the life is variety !
We only have one wife right ? We can have multiple amps !

joe1515 08-18-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 194140)
Jerry, Shindo speakers are the holy Grail! :yes: The price is tough to swallow! :tears:

I have never seen any retail prices for their speakers, what do they go for?

Joe