AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Shindo Corton Charlemagne Q (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9519)

NOLG4EVR 12-12-2013 07:10 PM

Beautiful new CCQ's. You will have many years of listening pleasure. Enjoy!

fjn04 12-12-2013 10:19 PM

The room looks great, especially with those CCQ's. Always enjoyed the Parsifal's, they must sound great w/ the C's. Are your panels Real Traps, the one angled between the speakers kind of looks like one of theirs. Cheers -Don

countingbackwards 12-13-2013 10:01 AM

Thanks guys! Yes it is sounding great, my biggest problem these days is finding time to sit back an listen...the amps still have single digit hours on them after a week!

Yes those are RealTraps. The ones in the corners are the bigger MondoTraps, and the ones angles off the ceiling (i have 4 of those) are the discount ones without the bar in the middle. The panels really helped the sound in my room - it was as big an improvement as a component upgrade, and the price was very reasonable. You don't know what the lack of excess ringing or large bass peaks/valleys can sound like, until you hear it.

rafael_triode 02-26-2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countingbackwards (Post 543351)
I will not be running 2 different amps to save my CCQ hours, that's for sure! I only get to listen ~10-15 hours per week, what with all the time I spend working, at the kids' hockey, etc etc. Every single one of those hours needs to be as much of an event as it possibly can be - and once I have CCQ's in the house, they will have the job of massaging my inner brain and restoring my energy. Well, I guess it's really the music that does that stuff, but only passing the music through my best gear will do!

Though I guess you could say that my headphone rig is my "B" system!

Sindoaddict - funny you should mention the Hommage - my dealer actually has a demo T2 in the store at the moment, but I will not be trying it anytime soon: the CCQ is enough of a financial investment that I don't need to be spending any more for a very long time! It'll be time to enjoy the upgrade that the CCQ's bring to the system.

My guess is that there aren't that many owners of CCQ's anywhere...it'll be interesting to see what are the serial numbers of my units. I saw pictures online of a pair that were built in mid-2011 and were #3 and 4 (the model was introduced in late 2010).

I’m interested to compare Shindo Cortese (or other Shindo SET) with their push-pull power amps Corton versions. Did you have a chance to compare them?

Masterlu 02-29-2020 06:11 PM

rafael_triode... Welcome to AA! :wave:

rafael_triode 03-06-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 996793)
rafael_triode... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Thank you very much Ivan !

neilspeed 04-16-2020 08:13 PM

I am enjoying reading the comments and also looking at the pictures on this Shindo thread. I had a couple of questions for Shindo owners and would appreciate any responses. I am interested in getting a Montille amp with an Aurieges preamp along with Shindo ICs and A23 speaker cables. They would be powering my Audio Note AN-E SPe HE speakers that are 97.5db efficient. I would like to continue using my Manley Labs Chinook SE MKII phono stage with VPI Prime TT. I do not listen to digital. The Chinook offers me the flexibility to use most cartridges while if I were to use the A23 SUT I would be somewhat limited. Also, all my equipment was recently purchased new and I am not in a hurry to change any pieces out. My first question is – will using my phono stage instead of the SUT compromise the Shindo sound? My second question is – is there a difference in sound quality between the Aurieges L versus the Aurieges MM? I do not have any need for the MM section since I would be only using MC carts.
Any advice or comments on these two areas would be very much appreciated.

Jerome W 04-17-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilspeed (Post 1002234)
I am enjoying reading the comments and also looking at the pictures on this Shindo thread. I had a couple of questions for Shindo owners and would appreciate any responses. I am interested in getting a Montille amp with an Aurieges preamp along with Shindo ICs and A23 speaker cables. They would be powering my Audio Note AN-E SPe HE speakers that are 97.5db efficient. I would like to continue using my Manley Labs Chinook SE MKII phono stage with VPI Prime TT. I do not listen to digital. The Chinook offers me the flexibility to use most cartridges while if I were to use the A23 SUT I would be somewhat limited. Also, all my equipment was recently purchased new and I am not in a hurry to change any pieces out. My first question is – will using my phono stage instead of the SUT compromise the Shindo sound? My second question is – is there a difference in sound quality between the Aurieges L versus the Aurieges MM? I do not have any need for the MM section since I would be only using MC carts.

Any advice or comments on these two areas would be very much appreciated.

Hello,

I cannot comment on the differences between Aurieges L versus MM.
But imho, MM Shindo phono stages are just among the very best in the world.
With a decent SUT ( you do not need necessarily an A23 Hommage : the EAR MC4 is fabulous imho), a Shindo MM stage will make the Chinook bite the dust in terms of pure musicality, naturalness and dynamics. Especially with AN speakers.
Good luck on your path !

neilspeed 04-21-2020 09:22 PM

Hi Jerome, thanks for your response and recommending another SUT. I guess I will have to also consider getting a Shindo preamp further up the totem pole that accommodates MCs versus buying both a preamp and SUT.

Jerome W 04-22-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilspeed (Post 1002702)
Hi Jerome, thanks for your response and recommending another SUT. I guess I will have to also consider getting a Shindo preamp further up the totem pole that accommodates MCs versus buying both a preamp and SUT.

Yes but take care. Shindo preamps with a MC stage are made specially for the Shindo SPU.
Not so good with other carts or non Shindo SPU.