AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Shindo Corton Charlemagne Q (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9519)

howiebrou 08-19-2011 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSCC (Post 194494)
Beautiful. Tweeter looks like a "relative" of Acapella ION ........:D

Now Bro, the dream becomes a full Kondo system for you? :thumbsup: You can well afford. Buy-Buy-Buy! :yes:

I normally don't like my speakers to be the same brand as the rest and the Westminsters have occupied my dreams for a good many years but this Kondo speaker made me take notice.

howie

PHC1 08-19-2011 10:53 AM

Howie, looks interesting. What are the specs on them?

adhesiv 08-19-2011 11:09 AM

Those certainly look nice, I'd be interested in specs too. If there's one thing about the Shindo line I don't like aesthetically it's the speakers. That said I have only seen them in photos and not in person so who knows, maybe I'll be surprised if (when) I get a chance to hear/see them.

So who's the next one that's going to buy a set of speakers (Howie...wink wink)? I can feel the energy, someone's gonna do it :)

Puma Cat 08-19-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adhesiv (Post 194576)
I'd be interested in specs too. If there's one thing about the Shindo line I don't like aesthetically it's the speakers.

Me, too.

Looks too much like retro American furniture from the 40s and 50s...yeesh.

pitch perfect 08-19-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe1515 (Post 194260)
I have always wondered why Devore speakers are such a good match with Shindo? The sensitivity for The Nines is only 90.5db and the Super 8's is 90db :scratch2:

Joe

Hi Joe,

Yep, the Super 8's, for example, are very stable 8Ω so are easy on amps like the Cortese, especially in most medium sized listening rooms.

Since this is a Japanese Exotica thread, I won't delve too much on products made in USA :D but the DeVore Orangutan O/96 is something to also consider, due to it's high efficiency. They are a stand mounted, wider baffle speaker and a new series in his lineup. The 10" paper woofer presents music in a palpable, effortless manner. :music:

Additionally, they don't require corner room placement.

Series of Dreams « pitch perfect audio

Sincerely,
Matt

howiebrou 08-19-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 194566)
Howie, looks interesting. What are the specs on them?

All i remember is 93db :yes:

joe1515 08-19-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchperfect (Post 194716)
Hi Joe,

Yep, the Super 8's, for example, are very stable 8Ω so are easy on amps like the Cortese, especially in most medium sized listening rooms.

Since this is a Japanese Exotica thread, I won't delve too much on products made in USA :D but the DeVore Orangutan O/96 is something to also consider, due to it's high efficiency. They are a stand mounted, wider baffle speaker and a new series in his lineup. The 10" paper woofer presents music in a palpable, effortless manner. :music:

Additionally, they don't require corner room placement.

Series of Dreams « pitch perfect audio

Sincerely,
Matt

Thanks Matt. I have wanted to hear the Orangutan, but have not had a chance yet.

Joe

metaphacts 08-19-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyC (Post 194367)
OK :D Nevermind Matt. Just answer Bill's (Metaphacts) question.

No worries Tommy. I will have the definitive answer late next week. :D

TommyC 08-20-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 194878)
No worries Tommy. I will have the definitive answer late next week. :D

Guarneri Evolution with Shindo?? Do post pictures!

Puma Cat 08-20-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchperfect (Post 194716)
Hi Joe,

Sincerely,
Matt

Excellent suggestion.