AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Focal Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   New Focal Speaker Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=22014)

Masterlu 07-11-2013 09:36 PM

New Focal Speaker Forum
 
Focal Loudspeaker Forum now

http://www.ledssuperbright.com/images/roundopen1.jpg


http://www.focal.com/img/cms/516.jpg

Jonmartin 07-21-2013 03:05 AM

Thanks for this now I can be more active :)

cheglie 01-05-2014 01:35 PM

I decided it was time for a change. Been listening to Infinity Enterlude IL50's and Infinity surrounds for 11yrs.! Actually found the receipt. So, I have on order the Focal 726V's and there center speaker CC701. Have not been using a separate sub due to the powered woofers in the IL50, lots of bass. But with the 726V's I will be using a BA RPS1000 sub. I run a Marantz NR1603 and power the fronts with an Emotiva UPA-200. Looking forward to the change. The Infinities have served their time well but I am hoping this will be enough of an upgrade to make it worth while. What do you think?

Still-One 01-05-2014 03:16 PM

Welcome go AA cheglie :wave:

Keep us posted on how the change in speakers goes.

enit 01-05-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheglie (Post 567030)
I decided it was time for a change. Been listening to Infinity Enterlude IL50's and Infinity surrounds for 11yrs.! Actually found the receipt. So, I have on order the Focal 726V's and there center speaker CC701. Have not been using a separate sub due to the powered woofers in the IL50, lots of bass. But with the 726V's I will be using a BA RPS1000 sub. I run a Marantz NR1603 and power the fronts with an Emotiva UPA-200. Looking forward to the change. The Infinities have served their time well but I am hoping this will be enough of an upgrade to make it worth while. What do you think?

The focal 700 series is very good for the money.
Good choice with the 726s.
I would run Audyssey then not use it- just to check distances and what it thinks of the crossover points, unless you desperately need it. Sucks the life of every system IMHO.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

cmalak 01-05-2014 11:39 PM

Has anyone heard the new Aria series of speakers from Focal: Aria 900 - Focal

http://www.focal.com/447-1415-thickbox/aria-948.jpg

http://www.focal.com/447-1323-thickbox/aria-948.jpg

http://www.focal.com/447-1322-thickbox/aria-948.jpg

Some reviews:

Focal Aria 948 | The Ear

Focal Aria 906 review from the experts at whathifi.com

enit 01-06-2014 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmalak (Post 567223)
Has anyone heard the new Aria series of speakers from Focal: Aria 900 - Focal Some reviews: Focal Aria 948 | The Ear Focal Aria 906 review from the experts at whathifi.com

Truly tremendous. And such a bonus when you look at the price. Folks pay 2-4 times more for speakers that don't sound as good as these guys.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

bart 01-06-2014 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmalak (Post 567223)

A patient of mine went to the hi-fi shop to buy to pair of B&W 803D, he left with an order of these Focals. :yes:

Jerome W 01-06-2014 06:02 AM

Sensitivity (2.83V / 1m) 92.5dB
Nominal impedance 8 Ohms
Minimum impedance 2.5 Ohms

Rather annoying for tube amps lovers.
Is that so tough to build a speaker with a flat impedance ?

enit 01-06-2014 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome W (Post 567290)
Sensitivity (2.83V / 1m) 92.5dB Nominal impedance 8 Ohms Minimum impedance 2.5 Ohms Rather annoying for tube amps lovers. Is that so tough to build a speaker with a flat impedance ?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2021 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.