AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   JBL Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Cinema Screen Array JBL 3731 and McIntosh (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=4900)

Mctwins 06-30-2010 03:49 PM

Cinema Screen Array JBL 3731 and McIntosh

1 Attachment(s)
Hi
Here is some pictures of my new speakers and the sound is great. I am totally satisfied with the performance. Running in monoblocks as allways.
Thanks

jdandy 06-30-2010 05:09 PM

Mctwins.......Very attractive room, and nice use of acoustic control panels. I am a big JBL fan, and always happy to see a well put together JBL system. Looking good!

http://audioaficionado.org/attachmen...1-1116_img.jpg

schaefer11 06-30-2010 07:12 PM

Great looking! It is a shame that the setup probably can't play very loud and will have loads of distortion! :D

Mctwins 07-01-2010 01:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi
Thanks,
Only my ears goes into clipping and distortion.:yes:
This is a true bi-amp in mono bridge configuration with active crossover dbx 223XL and will change to MEN220 soon. There isin't any passive crossover in the bass but the M/T has passive. This is the best sound I ever heard, reminds me of JBL K2 I listening last year. Great attack in the bass region and live performance sound, no harshness, great vocals and overall sound. Good synergy with the McIntosh, MC275 handles the horns with ease and the MC252 as well. Crank up the volume last night and there wasen't any lack of performance from the Mac and also it didin't go into clipping as well. I am so satisfied with the sound that my search is over in the speakers front. I didin't listening to them before only thru my experiance and I allways like the sound of JBL. Just the sound I was looking for. Of course, the room acoustiscs plays a major roll here.
Thanks

Mctwins 07-02-2010 07:18 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Hi
Some measurements of my room and JBL with McIntosh.

Before and after acoustical treatments.

RT30; the greenline is with treatment and the yellowline is without.

Dj_AmTraX 07-02-2010 09:51 AM

I want to hear it. Put of Pink Floyd, The Wall album and turn out the lights. Heaven...

Masterlu 07-02-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mctwins (Post 91917)
Hi
Some measurements of my room and JBL with McIntosh.

Before and after acoustical treatments.

RT30; the greenline is with treatment and the yellowline is without.

Very nice System, the last pic looks like seismic activity in California. :D

Mctwins 07-05-2010 07:17 AM

Hi
Pink Floyd sounds excellent, all of them.:music:

seismic activity in California:) this is what it looks like without treatment.

Rick58 07-10-2010 02:35 AM

CSD scale?

Wondering about the CSD (pre and post treatment).
Stereophile: Avalon NP Evolution 2.0 loudspeaker
(just as an example, I am too fried to figure out how to attach a picture)
The CSD level is down ~30dB after only ~1ms (pretty typical for their CSD measurements). Your plot shows something like 200ms ... ??? I am wondering if your scaling is x100 on the time scale, or are the S'phile CSDs done in anechoic conditions? I suspect so ...

Certainly impressive what the treatments do WRT your measurements of before and after in any case! CSD and RT30 look way improved.

I know I need to address this in my own room. I use monitors in the nearfield, well away from walls, which should mitigate room problems to some extent ... but I have not measured like this to find out! (I am afraid to ...!)

Mctwins 07-11-2010 06:47 AM

Hi
The scaling in ARTA is the same, in my measurement, before and after. You can change the parameters within the CSD like FFT length and Rise time but there is not much different if I change this, as I see it. The measurement in Stereophile, they are measuring the cabinet resonanse. I am measuring the room at my listening position. One can see that they(stereophile) don't have the same CSD scale between cabinet and the tweeter axis at 50" measurements. It would be interesting to see the CSD at the listening position. In ARTA the Impulse Response x-axis is in ms and and if you change the FFT lenght from 1K and 256K then the ms will also change. I have mine at 16k and it is 328ms and this is also for CSD as well.
There is little point in measuring in anechoic enviroment, we seldom listening in such rooms, more so in rebeverberant room.
Thanks