AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Speaker Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Yoav Geva leaves YG Acoustics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48388)

JemHadar 07-27-2020 01:11 PM

Yoav Geva leaves YG Acoustics

From the press release

YG Acoustics, a world-leading ultra high-end speaker manufacturer located just outside of Denver, Colorado announces the departure of its founder, Yoav Geva.
Mr. Geva launched YG Acoustics in 2002 at age 24. Through the course of 15 years of innovation and hard work he cemented YG Acoustics as mainstay in the global ultra high-end speaker market.
In 2017 Mr. Geva sold YG Acoustics but remaind with the company in an engineering capacity. Under the leadership of CEO David Komatz, YG has expanded its worldwide reach and is now distributes to audiophiles and music lovers in nearly 50 countries.
YG continues to be an innovation firm and a precision manufacturer. In addition to its eight unique key technologies, YG has a roadmap of innovations which will appear in future product releases. Among things to look for are a line-up of more accessible speakers as well as advances in YG's statement model Sonja XV. We can only tease at this time, but stay tuned for a truly unique paradigm shifting offering on the horizon.
All of us at YG Acoustics offer thanks and well wishes to Yoav.

bart 07-27-2020 03:18 PM

I'm curious.
What will be Mr Geva's next step?

Levitator 07-27-2020 09:01 PM

He’s obviously a creative guy so my guess is he’ll have to go and create something new somewhere - question is whether he’ll go it alone again or just across to somewhere different to offer his expertise in moving another brand forwards

Puma Cat 07-27-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1009972)
I'm curious.
What will be Mr Geva's next step?

He'll start another speaker company..

W9TR 07-28-2020 09:01 AM

He sold YG in 2017 so this is probably the end of his pay-to-stay period, or his non-compete, or both. He’s young and so will pop up again sometime, somewhere.

Charles 08-02-2020 01:24 PM

In a recent TAS issue (issue 307) he stated that speaker design was all science. Listening to the sound they produced was secondary. I thought the answer Daryl Wilson gave was better balanced. Speaker design is a science but is also an art.

What happens to folks that have invested many thousands in the YG Acoustics sound? Certainly seems the company is going in a different direction without its founder. Krell survived but will YG Acoustics? I hope so and wish him well.

FreddieFerric 02-14-2021 03:53 PM

All I know was that I really, really liked what I heard out of the Haley's. I'd like to own a pair one day.

audioguy3107 02-14-2021 04:06 PM

I've always liked what I've heard out of the YG brand, especially the Sonjas. I remember the first time I ever heard the Anats, incredible presentation. Hopefully they won't lose any of the magic.

- Buck