AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   JA Pulsar 2 Graphene or SF Electa Amator III (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49451)

Banter 01-26-2021 10:04 PM

JA Pulsar 2 Graphene or SF Electa Amator III

My quest to look for Bookshelf speakers with Soft Sweet Tweeter sound and Fresh Sexy Youthful look, that are easy on the ears as well as easy on the eyes has been narrowed down to two models : Sonus Faber Electa Amator III and Joseph Audio Pulsar 2 Graphene. Would love to hear from those who own them or have heard them.

Formerly YB-2 01-27-2021 07:35 AM

Have owned 3 pairs of JA speakers over the years (7, 22 & 25). Excellent, smooth/even SQ from top to bottom. Found them to be terrific with the music (jazz, classical & classic rock) that I prefer. Would not hesitate to own another pair. And, I may (who knows what the future holds?).
Cannot compare to any SF as I've never heard a pair of them that I cared enough for to take home. But, my SF experience is 'old' (have not listened to in 10+ years). If they are better than JA then they must be very good.

clpetersen 04-14-2021 04:18 PM

Joseph Audio Pulsar 2 Graphene - these are on my list - just did a home audition of the Magico A1's - great sound, industrial look.
Banter - did you make a choice?

Antonmb 04-14-2021 05:07 PM

I have the SF Minima Amator, the size down from the Electa Amator, and am very fond of them, very smooth and full sound, solid bass for their size, and great soundstage and imaging. We have another member, Miner, who has the Electas, perhaps he’ll stumble across this thread.

Tannoyd 04-15-2021 01:09 AM

Electra IIIs . Better realism.

miner 04-15-2021 06:39 PM

EAIIIs are very special. I have not listened to the JA Pulsars. These Sf are the best bookshelf I have owned. Pricey but I do not regret buying them. I use them with a Sf Gravis II sub.

CremonaSF 04-16-2021 08:58 PM

My vote is for the Electa Amator III, great sound!

Fresh, sexy, modern but at the same time classic.

Banter 04-22-2021 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by clpetersen (Post 1036807)
Joseph Audio Pulsar 2 Graphene - these are on my list - just did a home audition of the Magico A1's - great sound, industrial look.
Banter - did you make a choice?

Yes JA Perspective2 Graphene.

clpetersen 04-22-2021 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banter (Post 1037259)
Yes JA Perspective2 Graphene.

Speakers look great! But wait...didn't you start by looking for stand-mount speakers? :)

I have not had luck finding Joseph Audio speakers in the Boston area - no response from JA to email...dealers listed as carrying JA no longer do.

Masterlu 04-22-2021 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clpetersen (Post 1037265)
Speakers look great! But wait...didn't you start by looking for stand-mount speakers? :)

I have not had luck finding Joseph Audio speakers in the Boston area - no response from JA to email...dealers listed as carrying JA no longer do.

Over here; PM me what you are looking for.