AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Aurender N10 upgrade (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=52582)

Parabellum 11-04-2023 03:32 PM

Aurender N10 upgrade

Hello,

I have a Bryston BDP-3 and I am contemplating upgrading to an Aurender N10. Anyone went that route?
As much I love the BDP-3, I am a bit frustrated with the almost non-existant software upgrades.
I am trying to use Tidal with my phone and it's really a PITA to be honest.
I mostly listen music with the onboard 1TB SSD to get the best quality so that's not an issue, as I use Rigelian which I find really good.
Trying to do one stone two birds here (if that's the correct expression) by improving sound quality and user experience with more updated software.
A replacement for Manic Moose is (still?) in development but we have yet to hear from it.
I like the Aurender N10 as it's said to be better with BNC output which I use with my BDP-3, and that I have an excellent BNC cable as well (which I don't want to replace).

Thanks!

George Prentice 11-06-2023 10:10 PM

I own an Aurrender N100, tested a N10, and also own an Aurrender W20SE. I cannot recommend them highly enough. I have auditioned additional streamers like Grimm and Linn, and Auralic in my system. I am familiar with the Bryson sound as well. I highly recommend the Aurender.

Formerly YB-2 11-08-2023 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parabellum (Post 1078200)
As much I love the BDP-3, I am a bit frustrated with the almost non-existant software upgrades.

After much reading about various DAC/streamers, your thinking about their lack of software improvements is the primary reason I did not go with Bryston a couple of months ago.

Parabellum 11-08-2023 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1078291)
After much reading about various DAC/streamers, your thinking about their lack of software improvements is the primary reason I did not go with Bryston a couple of months ago.

Listening with my BDP-3 now. I checked and the last firmware update is from Oct. 3, 2022... Not a bad thing in some ways meaning it's trouble free. But the Manic Moose interface is way past its prime and the competition is offering better UI. I still have to rely on a third party app (Rigelian) for better and easier operations. As far as I know there is a new interface under development at Bryston but it's been more than 3 years it's being discussed.

cleeds 11-09-2023 11:27 AM

Quote:

... I have a Bryston BDP-3 and I am contemplating upgrading to an Aurender N10. Anyone went that route?
As much I love the BDP-3, I am a bit frustrated with the almost non-existant software upgrades ...

I went the other direction, from Aurender to Bryston BDP-3. While I agree that the Bryston UI is dated (I'm being kind), it functions so superbly that I just don't care. Unlike many others, my Aurender experience was not a good one and Aurender support wasn't helpful.

Acolcer 11-11-2023 01:41 PM

I went from a modded Mac mini to an Aurender N10 a few yweeks years ago. I am very pleased with the unit. I am certain I will stay with Aurender for years to come.

brownbear 11-12-2023 11:30 AM

Quote:

Hello,

I have a Bryston BDP-3 and I am contemplating upgrading to an Aurender N10. Anyone went that route?
I am trying to use Tidal with my phone and it's really a PITA to be honest.
I mostly listen music with the onboard 1TB SSD to get the best quality so that's not an issue, as I use Rigelian which I find really good.
Trying to do one stone two birds here (if that's the correct expression) by improving sound quality and user experience with more updated software.
A replacement for Manic Moose is (still?) in development but we have yet to hear from it.
I like the Aurender N10 as it's said to be better with BNC output which I use with my BDP-3, and that I have an excellent BNC cable as well (which I don't want to replace).

Thanks!

I never owned a BDP-3, but I do have the N10 and I love it. There has been a few updates to the Conductor app, mostly based on customer feedback. It works flawlessly for me on my iPad.

I use all of the N10's outputs except the BNC. Can you elaborate on why it's said to be better?