AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magico (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Magico M6 - Crossing the Threshold (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47418)

JoeN 01-10-2020 04:50 PM

Magico M6 - Crossing the Threshold

The Absolute Sound

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/magico-m6/

Mikado463 01-10-2020 06:24 PM

does somewhat crack me up to read about a pair of speakers costing damn near 200k having 'shortcomings' , granted, I know, compared to even more insanely priced units ..........

JoeN 01-10-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 991934)
does somewhat crack me up to read about a pair of speakers costing damn near 200k having 'shortcomings' , granted, I know, compared to even more insanely priced units ..........

Every speaker has shortcomings. So does a Lamborghini or a million dollar home. et. al. But as the article points out the M6 balances its so-called shortcomings to the point that ultimately this author states,
Best of all, the M6 simply doesn’t have any shortcomings that one must consciously or unconsciously listen past. And that, more than any specific area of performance, is what allows the M6 to consistently cross the threshold from great sound into delivering an extraordinary musical experience.
Magico will continue to improve its technology, material, etc. and in time I’m sure we will see even the shortcomings mentioned in the article vaporize like magic.

The articles points our some amazing technology in the M6. And their drivers - wow. Interesting read

Masterlu 01-10-2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeN (Post 991943)
Every speaker has shortcomings. So does a Lamborghini or a million dollar home. et. al. But as the article points out the M6 balances its so-called shortcomings to the point that ultimately this author states,
Best of all, the M6 simply doesn’t have any shortcomings that one must consciously or unconsciously listen past. And that, more than any specific area of performance, is what allows the M6 to consistently cross the threshold from great sound into delivering an extraordinary musical experience.
Magico will continue to improve its technology, material, etc. and in time I’m sure we will see even the shortcomings mentioned in the article vaporize like magic.

The articles points our some amazing technology in the M6. And their drivers - wow. Interesting read

“Vaporize like magico” ;)

JoeN 01-10-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 991946)
“Vaporize like magico” ;)

Yes, the pun was intended. Magico makes speaker problems disappear... :thumbsup:

Masterlu 01-10-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeN (Post 991947)
Yes, the pun was intended. Magico makes speaker problems disappear... :thumbsup:

BTW... Lamborghini has no short comings. :)

Mikado463 01-10-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeN (Post 991943)

Joe, I was merely pointing to a couple of RH's comments, no doubt they are a great pair of transducers. For the record I have had the opportunity to listen to Magico's perform their magic along with RH @ Overture Audio (Wilmington, De) on more than one occasion. During both times he was much more interested in talking about motorcycles than audio !

it's all good !

JoeN 01-11-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 991954)
Joe, I was merely pointing to a couple of RH's comments, no doubt they are a great pair of transducers. For the record I have had the opportunity to listen to Magico's perform their magic along with RH @ Overture Audio (Wilmington, De) on more than one occasion. During both times he was much more interested in talking about motorcycles than audio !

it's all good !

No problem. I'm considering the M3s now for my room; the 6s would be too large. They have some shortcomings as well. But nothing I can't live with. But I'm still having problems finding the shortcomings with my A3s. These are absolyely amazing for such a small speaker.

It's a shame an audio dealer speaks more about motorcycles than audio. Glad my dealer isn't this sort.

Mikado463 01-11-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeN (Post 991986)
It's a shame an audio dealer speaks more about motorcycles than audio. Glad my dealer isn't this sort.

LOL, the 'RH' I was referring to is the author of the article quoted here in this thread and the Editor of 'The Absolute Sound', Robert Harley. I had been in his company at a couple of Speaker unveilings @ Overture over the years and when our conversation got away from audio is when I discovered his passion for motorcycles.

As for the dealership (Overture) one of the best, don't believe me, ask Mr Wolf.

Canonicus 01-11-2020 10:25 AM

Joe.. You just got the A3's and your already thinking of going up the Magico food chain!
I can appreciate your enthusiasm.
I though very seriously about the M3 but was way too in love with the sound of the S7. Fit my budget better too.