AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Vinyl & Accessories (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Degritter or Klaudio? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=51257)

Fbgbill 06-22-2022 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audibleguy (Post 1062670)
Just my two cents on the ultrasonic cleaners that I and my audiophile friends have or have had;
-Audiodesk, regular, pro and pro x models, all have failed in one way or another and the support from dealers and mfg. has been poor, one dealer has told us your lucky it lasted that long (regular and pro models), also the mfg. always wants to "blame" the user for premature failures, (failed after cleaning only 50 records, failed after 2 years of non-constant useage, and they also want to charge $2000 to $2500 for a newer model after you paid $4000 for a new one). Come on $4000 for a record cleaner that doesn't last and constantly breaks down!
Degritter- we have used this machine and it cleans well, seems to be well built, and mfg. is good to deal with
KL Audio- while they may build a decent machine back when they were first in business and now, how can you trust that they will "stay in business", since they raised the price substantially and may not sell as many machines at the higher price.
Many of us in the audiophile world have some knowledge of manufacturing and quality control and should not just take the sales jargon of the mfgs., distributors, and dealers without doing due diligence and questioning these questionable machines.

Thanks

miner 06-22-2022 10:12 PM

Quote:

Just my two cents on the ultrasonic cleaners that I and my audiophile friends have or have had;
-Audiodesk, regular, pro and pro x models, all have failed in one way or another and the support from dealers and mfg. has been poor, one dealer has told us your lucky it lasted that long (regular and pro models), also the mfg. always wants to "blame" the user for premature failures, (failed after cleaning only 50 records, failed after 2 years of non-constant useage, and they also want to charge $2000 to $2500 for a newer model after you paid $4000 for a new one). Come on $4000 for a record cleaner that doesn't last and constantly breaks down!
Degritter- we have used this machine and it cleans well, seems to be well built, and mfg. is good to deal with
KL Audio- while they may build a decent machine back when they were first in business and now, how can you trust that they will "stay in business", since they raised the price substantially and may not sell as many machines at the higher price.
Many of us in the audiophile world have some knowledge of manufacturing and quality control and should not just take the sales jargon of the mfgs., distributors, and dealers without doing due diligence and questioning these questionable machines.

I have had my ADS Pro for approx 4 yrs and have cleaned approx 500 LPs with no issue at all. I try to change fluid after every 100 LPs, change/clean filter after every 200 LPs, change roller brushes and drying strips every 400 LPs. I have been completely satisfied with the ADS Pro model.

kaarmstrong 06-22-2022 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miner (Post 1062688)
I have had my ADS Pro for approx 4 yrs and have cleaned approx 500 LPs with no issue at all. I try to change fluid after every 100 LPs, change/clean filter after every 200 LPs, change roller brushes and drying strips every 400 LPs. I have been completely satisfied with the ADS Pro model.

I've has ADS Pro for about 2 years with no issues as well.

cleeds 06-23-2022 11:30 AM

Quote:

... KL Audio- while they may build a decent machine back when they were first in business and now, how can you trust that they will "stay in business" ...

There's really no assurance that any company will remain in business. General Motors - once the world's largest auto maker - went bankrupt in 2009. The GM of today doesn't have much in common with the GM of yore.

Klaudio sure looks to me like an established company with innovative, very high quality products. Its corporate parent has been operating for more than two decades.

I've had the KD-CLN-LP200 cleaner for years and it's fantastic. Support has been first class.

tima 06-24-2022 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleeds (Post 1062718)
There's really no assurance that any company will remain in business. General Motors - once the world's largest auto maker - went bankrupt in 2009. The GM of today doesn't have much in common with the GM of yore.

True - do you think KLAudio would get a government bailout like GM? :)

Fbgbill 06-24-2022 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tima (Post 1062745)
True - do you think KLAudio would get a government bailout like GM? :)

Perhaps if the president were a vinyl addict they would....!:thought:

Masterlu 06-24-2022 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fbgbill (Post 1062749)
Perhaps if the president were a vinyl addict they would....!:thought:

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...1&d=1656081938

:lmao:

JoeN 06-24-2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1062756)

Looks more like a rodeo ride than a platter spinning.

FreddieFerric 06-25-2022 07:58 AM

Superb tracker that.

Fbgbill 07-09-2022 09:54 AM

FWIW I went with the Klaudio. I must say it is built like a tank. It was easy to set up. I had to only cut a hole in my closet shelf in order to route the water lines and pump cable. It will be very easy to replenish my water supply. I find that it needs about 4 minutes to really get a record dry. Ivan suggested that I put a few drops of Kodak Photo Flo solution in the water tank and i will try that. It sure gets the albums spotless though. I am using RO water.