AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Focal Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Focal 1038be and Aerial 7T (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=32844)

scirica 09-17-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagman (Post 726907)
Hey Steve...they're already at the dock. The "Delivery Man" unfortunately is flying the friendly skys till Monday.

He'll be back before you know it, but the anticipation would be killing me!:yes:

Jagman 09-17-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 727151)
Hmmmm.............. think I would be twisting Steve's arm to help do some loading, hauling, unloading, etc..................

Nah...I'll let him off with some position tweaking after I get them delivered Glenn:D

Jagman 09-17-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scirica (Post 727161)
He'll be back before you know it, but the anticipation would be killing me!:yes:

I'm not gonna lie...it is:yes:

kzhtoo 09-22-2015 04:49 PM

Jagman,
Have the speakers arrived yet? Also, I'm wondering what your opinion is on 1038Be compared to Wilson Sophia..

Formerly YB-2 09-22-2015 05:11 PM

Well...............? It's Tuesday. ;)

scirica 09-22-2015 07:05 PM

He's got them in house. He's too busy drooling to report back right away. Stay tuned!

Jagman 09-22-2015 09:29 PM

P

They are here. I'll offer my initial impressions. I've listened to them for just over 6 hours today with a wide assortment of music; Alice in Chains Unplugged, Jane Monheit, Beck, Alajandro Escevado, Boz Skaggs, Yo Yo Ma, you get the picture.

I have to admit, regardless of how smitten I was during the extensive interviews, there was occasionally a touch of brightness that bothered me. So I was a bit unsettled with my decision after ordering them two weeks ago. I also opted to purchase the Black Ash low luster finish sight unseen rather than the other more costly options. I was worried that I would not like the appearance.
So let me say off the top, any brightness I had encountered at the dealers was not to be heard in my home. The low luster finish was perfectly acceptable with just enough gloss to keep them looking upscale. Overall the 1038be's are gorgeous speakers with excellent build quality. Still black ash is black ash and if price was equal it would not be my first choice, but there is literally a $3k price difference for this finish and as I said, its perfectly acceptable and in fact quite attractive. These reside in my family room vs a dedicated listening room so that's important to me, AND my wife:)

The improvement over my now for sale B&W CM10's was immediately obvious. From the very first notes emitted the clarity and feathery highs amazed me. The transparency I heard was among the best I've heard. I've heard a lot of very good speakers. One of the last speakers on my list were the Wilson Sabrina's and Sasha's. I like that sound. What I wasn't as prepared for was the incredibly full, taut and energetic bass. Very very nice. Punchy without a hint of bloat. Imaging was very good immediately but I will need more listening
to form a more complete opinion.

These speakers are very cohesive and balanced with Great driver integration.
Another term I didn't expect to use in defining these speakers is smooth and sweet. But boy are they ever...smooth and sweet! Oh and they are also very flexible. Note the artists I listened to today. I kind of expected a couple of them to let me down and was prepared to discover what genre of music they prefer. There was not one choice that sounded anything but excellent. They played all with great composure while being very, very ,fast, crisp and lively. Amazing!

I rarely have offered my thoughts on new speakers in this much detail, but after what I have heard today, I felt compelled to share my enthusiasm for the Electra 1038be. These are very special speakers. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to experience extremely fast, crisp, accurate speakers. I think this is going to be a long love affair.
Oh yeah..pics are coming.

Jagman 09-22-2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzhtoo (Post 728200)
Jagman,
Have the speakers arrived yet? Also, I'm wondering what your opinion is on 1038Be compared to Wilson Sophia..

I've actually not had the opportunity to hear the Sophia's.

chessman 09-22-2015 09:37 PM

Kevin, congrats on the Focals! Now imagine how much better they will be when run in a bit. :D

scirica 09-22-2015 09:50 PM

Can't wait to hear them! You have my number; Call when ready!