AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   SilenZio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   SilenZio en mi casa... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37359)

EfeTe 10-19-2016 06:30 AM

Grande Hector and grande E. What a widely accepted solution the SilenZio has become!

tutomac 10-19-2016 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iefbo (Post 809118)
I would be interested to hear what your experience is when using the Toslink on the MCD500. Have you only used it for headphone listening? Did you compare it to the USB input on your C52 trough your speakers?

Just curious since my only DAC is the MCD500 and no USB input available.

Thanks

Busy week at work. I will do more listening during the weekend (I hope[emoji15])...

tutomac 10-19-2016 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EfeTe (Post 809123)
Grande Hector and grande E. What a widely accepted solution the SilenZio has become!

You should be next[emoji3]

Yamaki 10-19-2016 07:29 AM

Congratulations, Hector!!!

Welcome to the Age of Quality Digital Music!

scirica 10-19-2016 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamaki (Post 809130)
Congratulations, Hector!!!

Welcome to the Age of Quality Digital Music!

Indeed!!

jdandy 10-19-2016 03:31 PM

More Silenzio questions.

> Does the Silenzio still use Windows 7 or is Windows 10 now the operating system?
> Does the Silenzio remain connected to the Internet, and if so does it require Internet security software to protect from virus attacks, etc.?
> Does the Silenzio control the NAS hard drives to shut down when not being accessed?

-E- 10-19-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 809178)
More Silenzio questions.

> Does the Silenzio still use Windows 7 or is Windows 10 now the operating system?
> Does the Silenzio remain connected to the Internet, and if so does it require Internet security software to protect from virus attacks, etc.?
> Does the Silenzio control the NAS hard drives to shut down when not being accessed?

Gen 3 is on Win10 Pro.

Yes. You can install whatever you'd like, but it is "low-risk" since your outbound connectivity is typically to very trusted sources; the stock Windows Defender is usually more than adequate.

No. That is set within the NAS OS, which I set at 1 hr unless client requests a different (or no) hibernate time.

jdandy 10-19-2016 04:23 PM

E.......Thank you for the quick response. My interest is growing.

-E- 10-19-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 809195)

Your interest should be rock... peaked. Your interest should be peaked. ;)

tutomac 10-19-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 809195)

Dan, I am under the impression you like Sonos very much. I do too. With the Silenzio, I get to listen to superb quality when I want to sit down and enjoy some critical listening, but at the same time I kept and use Sonos for my background music (while in the kitchen, outside by the pool, etc) in the same system. Best of both worlds:banana:
With the set up you have, specially your recording studio, I cannot imagine the amount of benefits you will get from SilenZio, and how good it will sound :thumbs:

Happy Listening