AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   SilenZio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   SilenZio en mi casa... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37359)

jdandy 10-18-2016 04:24 PM

Hector.......Where are CD's ripped from, your computer transport or the transport in the SilenZio? Where is the software for the bit-perfect rips loaded?

-E- 10-18-2016 04:31 PM

He already had a significant existing library.

I'll be training him on the archive-grade rip from Silenzio soon.

BlueDoor 10-18-2016 05:27 PM

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Where can I get info about this streamer?

mtroo 10-18-2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDoor (Post 809053)

-E-
The post before yours. Private message him. You will not regret it. Open architecture, bit perfect, seamless.

-E- 10-18-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDoor (Post 809053)

Silenzio Information

jdandy 10-18-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 809043)
Hector.......Where are CD's ripped from, your computer transport or the transport in the SilenZio? Where is the software for the bit-perfect rips loaded?

Quote:

Originally Posted by -E- (Post 809045)
He already had a significant existing library.

I'll be training him on the archive-grade rip from Silenzio soon.

E.......I assume your post is addressing my questions, although I am not certain. So the bit-perfect ripping software resides on the SilenZio? Does this mean that all CD rips must use the SilenZio transport to take advantage of the bit-perfect archive to the hard drive? Is the ripping software dBpoweramp CD Ripper or some other software like Exact Audio Copy?

scirica 10-18-2016 06:37 PM

We are using Exact Audio Copy on SilenZio, unless something's changed in the last few weeks. I don't believe it is transport dependent; we just rely on E to build in the best transport!

-E- 10-18-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 809060)
E.......I assume your post is addressing my questions, although I am not certain. So the bit-perfect ripping software resides on the SilenZio? Does this mean that all CD rips must use the SilenZio transport to take advantage of the bit-perfect archive to the hard drive? Is the ripping software dBpoweramp CD Ripper or some other software like Exact Audio Copy?

EAC. On Silenzio.

The transport is not the secret sauce for the archive-grade rip; the software is. Either EAC or XLD on MacOS are the only two, and both require some tweaking to get it done right. Por ejemplo: some clients have added a separate tower-type computer with many BD-drives to rip multiple discs at once. Those are your typical full-size tray-load type mechanisms. The Silenzio has a slot-load drive; entirely different animal, same result when configured properly.

crwilli 10-18-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -E- (Post 809063)
EAC. On Silenzio.

...Por ejemplo: some clients have added a separate tower-type computer with many BD-drives to rip multiple discs at once. Those are your typical full-size tray-load type mechanisms...

Aka "Archivio"!!! It is a CD/DVD eating machine... I ripped through my CD collection in 20% of the time it would have taken by doing 7 at a time. Now it is a high powered home PC streamer and all around computer par excellence.

All from the hands of -E-

iefbo 10-19-2016 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutomac (Post 808920)

So far, my intentions are to have SilenZio input my digital files into my C52 via USB, my MCD500 via Toslink (for headphone listening) and for giggles, the SP-3 two channel delivery via HDMI.

I would be interested to hear what your experience is when using the Toslink on the MCD500. Have you only used it for headphone listening? Did you compare it to the USB input on your C52 trough your speakers?

Just curious since my only DAC is the MCD500 and no USB input available.

Thanks