AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Esoteric Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Esoteric N-01XD (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48673)

btn2803 10-02-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thyname (Post 1016182)
My brand spanking new N-01XD should arrive in a couple of weeks. I am excited

Congrats.
Do let us know your impression. The N01 XD is on top of my list.

Thanks.

thyname 10-02-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn2803 (Post 1016277)
Congrats.

Thanks.

Will do! I do have high expectations though. It will have to beat my MSB Discrete DAC hands down, with no “blind tests” required, or it’s out on chopping block.

chadisrc 10-02-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thyname (Post 1016278)
Will do! I do have high expectations though. It will have to beat my MSB Discrete DAC hands down, with no “blind tests” required, or it’s out on chopping block.

Wow, great comparison. I am anxious to see what your thoughts are. Probably not as anxious as yourself of course :)

Please keep us posted

bart 10-03-2020 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thyname (Post 1016278)

:lurk:

thyname 10-27-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn2803 (Post 1016277)
Congrats.

Thanks.

I will say one thing now that my Esoteric N-01XD arrived: it blew the MSB Discrete out of the water. Hands down.

This is an astonishing DAC. Very happy with my purchase. By far the best impact on my overall system I have ever had. And I have had a lot. Speakers, amps, you name it. ‘ Nuf said

SCAudiophile 10-27-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thyname (Post 1019057)
I will say one thing now that my Esoteric N-01XD arrived: it blew the MSB Discrete out of the water. Hands down.

This is an astonishing DAC. Very happy with my purchase. By far the best impact on my overall system I have ever had. And I have had a lot. Speakers, amps, you name it. ‘ Nuf said

Congratulations on owning this incredible unit!!!

chadisrc 10-28-2020 12:58 AM

Quote:

Wow, that is quite the endorsement :) Huge congrats on the new unit! What is the biggest difference between the MSB and the N-01XD? What do you love about it so much? Thanks for sharing by the way.

thyname 10-28-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadisrc (Post 1019102)
Wow, that is quite the endorsement :) Huge congrats on the new unit! What is the biggest difference between the MSB and the N-01XD? What do you love about it so much? Thanks for sharing by the way.

Thanks very much.

The N-01XD has huge sound, if I were to describe it that way. It expands way wider than the MSB, height, depth, withd. Very "3d" like. It has a great timbre and accurate tonality, something I really enjoy, true to the natural as it can be. Very detailed, "high resolution", all the "sparkle", at the same time not fatiguing. If I were to contrast the MSB Discrete side by side, I would describe the MSB is as "soft" and "cozy".

btn2803 10-28-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Thanks for sharing your feedback. It would certainly helps me in narrowing the field. :thumbsup:

2fastdriving 10-28-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thyname (Post 1019112)
Thanks very much.

The N-01XD has huge sound, if I were to describe it that way. It expands way wider than the MSB, height, depth, withd. Very "3d" like. It has a great timbre and accurate tonality, something I really enjoy, true to the natural as it can be. Very detailed, "high resolution", all the "sparkle", at the same time not fatiguing. If I were to contrast the MSB Discrete side by side, I would describe the MSB is as "soft" and "cozy".

Wow, sounds amazing. Do you have any experience with older esoteric, like the K-01x? I'm curious how you feel it compares to those based on the AKM dacs.

Same question to anyone reading this. :scratch2: