AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bricasti Design (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Bricasti M1 is here! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=31472)

Ricjor1 05-06-2015 09:18 PM

I replaced my PS Audio DSD with the M1 a couple of months ago. Everything is significantly better through the M1...dynamics, bass, soundstage with front to back placement, but the most important thing to my ears is the musicality of the M1 DAC. I use my M1 connected directly to my amplifier. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

scirica 05-06-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricjor1 (Post 697877)
I replaced my PS Audio DSD with the M1 a couple of months ago. Everything is significantly better through the M1...dynamics, bass, soundstage with front to back placement, but the most important thing to my ears is the musicality of the M1 DAC. I use my M1 connected directly to my amplifier. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

That's quite an endorsement.!

Glisse 05-07-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bavarian05 (Post 697756)
I let it play all night and woke up this morning feeling very, very impressed.
Rhythm and timing is superb. Depth and detail with an analog smoothness. Expensive, but worth it is my judgement at this point.

I think this is what separates the "special" ones from the plethora of DACs on the market. And with these attributes, sounds a great match with the rest of your system. Congrats :thumbsup:

scirica 05-07-2015 09:36 AM

So, do we know any Bricasti dealers here on the forum? I know I'm waiting for the BDA-3 from Bryston, but this sounds like a phenomenal piece of equipment!

audio bill 05-07-2015 11:29 AM

According to this post from Ivan, he is now selling it. I noticed that it is not yet listed in the product lines on his website though.

piolaxo 05-07-2015 06:44 PM

Congratulations on your new M1. It looks impressive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scirica (Post 697977)
So, do we know any Bricasti dealers here on the forum? I know I'm waiting for the BDA-3 from Bryston, but this sounds like a phenomenal piece of equipment!

This would be the next great DAC shootout: BDA-3 vs M1 vs DP-777SE vs
Yggdrasil vs D150 vs MDA1000 why not.

Ricjor1 05-08-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scirica (Post 697879)
That's quite an endorsement.!

I went from a PS Audio Perfectwave DAC II to a PS Audio DSD and finally to the M1. I didn't like the Perfectwave DAC II as a preamp, but the DSD was a significant upgrade. The M1 is at another level. I submit that I'm hearing significant differences between DACS because I use it as preamp directly into my amp. I wonder if the differences are as significant when a preamp is utilized?

Bavarian05 05-08-2015 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piolaxo (Post 698087)
Congratulations on your new M1. It looks impressive. This would be the next great DAC shootout: BDA-3 vs M1 vs DP-777SE vs Yggdrasil vs D150 vs MDA1000 why not.

I had the BDA-1 prior to this Bricasti purchase.

Bavarian05 05-28-2015 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricjor1 (Post 698182)
I went from a PS Audio Perfectwave DAC II to a PS Audio DSD and finally to the M1. I didn't like the Perfectwave DAC II as a preamp, but the DSD was a significant upgrade. The M1 is at another level. I submit that I'm hearing significant differences between DACS because I use it as preamp directly into my amp. I wonder if the differences are as significant when a preamp is utilized?

I've tried the M1 direct into the amp and with the preamp in the circuit as well.
My Luxman allows me to switch the preamp out if needed. I prefer the preamp in the circuit.
I have not yet heard a DAC direct into an amp that really sounds as good as having a preamp in the circuit.
This is just my experience. I look forward to hearing the new Bricasti M28s driven directly by the M1 though. I hear that is quite a combo...

Ricjor1 05-28-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bavarian05 (Post 702634)
I've tried the M1 direct into the amp and with the preamp in the circuit as well.
My Luxman allows me to switch the preamp out if needed. I prefer the preamp in the circuit.
I have not yet heard a DAC direct into an amp that really sounds as good as having a preamp in the circuit.
This is just my experience. I look forward to hearing the new Bricasti M28s driven directly by the M1 though. I hear that is quite a combo...

Every system is different. I was comparing the M1 direct to a Parasound JC2 preamp and preferred the M1 direct. What preamp are you using?