AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   TAD Speakers & Electronics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   TAD Prices in Europe (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=12350)

jdebonth 02-09-2012 07:08 AM

True! that is until I walk into Siam Paragorn shopping mall and reach the 5th floor where every audio brand imaginable has a flagship store :P... but besides that yes this year it will be all about the golf!

:golf:

Elberoth 02-12-2012 05:45 AM

In Poland they are also 38k. Makes no sense whatsoever, even if you deduct the 20% sales tax (VAT).

Jerome W 02-12-2012 06:03 AM

The main problem here in Europe I believe is that the market is extremely small for high end audio, cars and so on.
We crunch under taxes and in countries with minor tax percentages like Poland, people who can buy such products can be counted on the fingers.
So to import and sell such goods for a so limited number of potential buyers could be very expensive.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

bart 02-12-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C220MC275 (Post 267247)
The main problem here in Europe I believe is that the market is extremely small for high end audio, cars and so on.
We crunch under taxes and in countries with minor tax percentages like Poland, people who can buy such products can be counted on the fingers.
So to import and sell such goods for a so limited number of potential buyers could be very expensive.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

Germany is a very big market for top cars. Still very expensive.
Belgium also has quite some Ferraris, Lamborghinis, even Rolls Royces, and prices are really high.
My Audi costs 30-40% less in the States. I don't see the point.
See the numbers here (August 2011): AudiWorld News
Over 2700 Audi's sold in a 11 million people mini state. A bit more than 10000 in the US...

Jerome W 02-12-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 267271)
Germany is a very big market for top cars. Still very expensive.
Belgium also has quite some Ferraris, Lamborghinis, even Rolls Royces, and prices are really high.
See the numbers here (August 2011): AudiWorld News
Over 2700 Audi's sold in a 11 million people mini state. A bit more than 10000 in the US...

Direct taxes Bart.
No social security taxes in the US.
US wealthy citizens pay around 50 % of their income for income federal and state taxes and that's all. In France, we pay 40 % but before that we already paid near 40% on social security taxes !!
Car sellers, Hifi sellers and so on pay those taxes which are not paid in the US or in very small amounts.
My personal example :
About 420000 euros of annual income.
Take out the social security taxes and affiliated taxes, it remains 230000 euros.
Take out income taxes, local taxes.... : the remaining is 130000.
From 420 to 130 : 69 % of taxes !!! Who's higher ?? :D

PS / cars is not a good example for Belgium and Germany because lots of people there would kill their father and mother to buy a nice car ! :D

bart 02-12-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C220MC275 (Post 267276)
Direct taxes Bart.
No social security taxes in the US.
US wealthy citizens pay around 50 % of their income for income federal and state taxes and that's all. In France, we pay 40 % but before that we already paid near 40% on social security taxes !!
Car sellers, Hifi sellers and so on pay those taxes which are not paid in the US or in very small amounts.
My personal example :
About 420000 euros of annual income.
Take out the social security taxes and affiliated taxes, it remains 230000 euros.
Take out income taxes, local taxes.... : the remaining is 130000.
From 420 to 130 : 69 % of taxes !!! Who's higher ?? :D

PS / cars is not a good example for Belgium and Germany because lots of people there would kill their father and mother to buy a nice car ! :D

Jérôme, you must be right...
Regarding the taxes and the cars... :D

Jerome W 02-12-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 267287)
Jérôme, you must be right...
Regarding the taxes and the cars... :D

:lmao:
well, I went a bit too far, but you see what I mean....

Anatta 02-12-2012 09:08 PM

With the difference in price you could buy another Burmester 911...
But for 25k Euro you should think at the Kef Blades, which employ a similar design of coincident driver (Andrew Jones, designer of the Uni-Q driver, worked at Kef before joining Pioneer to lead the TAD team).

http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/avt...blade_room.jpg

Elberoth 02-12-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 267271)

Exactly. I have paid over $110k 2 years ago for my top spec S5, and in the US you could probably get one for $60k !

But that is nothing compared to Denmark or Norway. Same car would cost $200k over there :eek2: