AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Audeze (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Driver update (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43066)

Toccata 05-30-2018 06:02 PM

Driver update

I understand that Audeze has updated its drivers. Have any of you sent your 'phones to them for the upgrade? If so, did it make an appreciable difference? This is what they claim:

Here's some information on some of the changes our 2016 driver revision has brought to the table:

-Reduced diaphragm thickness: Reduces driving mass for greater diaphragm response.
-Higher compliance: Lowers resonance for improved low frequency extension and bass definition.
-Optimized magnetic circuit: Creates more uniform magnetic flux distribution for a more uniform driving force, smooths frequency response, lowers distortion, with greater resolution and improved imaging.
-Improved diaphragm tensioning: A new system delivers better performance and improved consistency for less variation between units.
-Improved internal damping: Better, more controlled bass and a smoother overall frequency response.
-New voicing: Smooths the midrange response.

We currently offer a driver upgrade program which includes complete replacement of both drivers, and the charge for this is $500. This also renews the warranty on the drivers for three more years.

Odzi 08-03-2018 12:24 AM

Thanks for this info

miner 08-12-2018 05:23 PM

I have looked on their site but do not see any reference to driver upgrade. Since I bought my LCD-3 in the past 4 months, probably not available.

Toccata 08-28-2018 11:41 AM

I received the info via email. I was going to sell them at one point, and a potential customer asked if they had the upgraded drivers, so I emailed Audeze to obtain more information.

Formerly YB-2 09-18-2018 06:31 AM

Is the upgrade for pre-Fazor drivers to bring them up to the Fazor level or does it include Fazor drivers, as well?

DinaMoe 09-18-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 932029)
Is the upgrade for pre-Fazor drivers to bring them up to the Fazor level or does it include Fazor drivers, as well?

I've been in talks with Audeze this week to send in my LCD3 in order to replace my dead driver (left) and my model is the fazor version. So upgrade would be for both pre-fazor and fazor.

Toccata 09-21-2018 10:31 PM

It's a moot point now, as I have sold my LCD-XC phones. They sounded great, but they were just too heavy.

BlueSky 05-03-2022 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toccata (Post 932560)
It's a moot point now, as I have sold my LCD-XC phones. They sounded great, but they were just too heavy.

I agree with the weight issue but I still love my Audeze closed backs. I did something about it and just received my pair of LCD-5s and, wow, they are almost weightless in comparison. The sound is magical too!

Masterlu 05-03-2022 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSky (Post 1059904)
I agree with the weight issue but I still love my Audeze closed backs. I did something about it and just received my pair of LCD-5s and, wow, they are almost weightless in comparison. The sound is magical too!

Congrats! Special AA price discounts on the full line of Audeze for Subscribers. :ok: