AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bricasti Design (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Bricasti M28 Monoblocks (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=31671)

Bavarian05 05-21-2015 12:36 PM

Bricasti M28 Monoblocks

Has anyone seen them in person or heard them?
Considering pairing them with the M1 DAC, though not sure I like the idea of not having a typical preamp in the system. Would love and appreciate any feedback or opinions.

Masterlu 05-21-2015 01:05 PM

I did an install with them about 2 months ago, they are extremely nice amps. :ok:

audio bill 05-21-2015 05:07 PM

I have heard the M1 DAC directly driving the M28 amps at the past two AXPONA shows and their sound was absolutely superb. Rated by many as one of the best sounding rooms of the show both years. When driven directly the entire electronics are a fully differential balanced circuit from the source to the speakers. Excellent control and musicality were apparent driving Tidal Audio Piano Diacera speakers. Top quality construction and finish, as well as outstanding personal product support from Brian Zolner of Bricasti.

Bavarian05 05-21-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 701181)
I have heard the M1 DAC directly driving the M28 amps at the past two AXPONA shows and their sound was absolutely superb. Rated by many as one of the best sounding rooms of the show both years. When driven directly the entire electronics are a fully differential balanced circuit from the source to the speakers. Excellent control and musicality were apparent driving Tidal Audio Piano Diacera speakers. Top quality construction and finish, as well as outstanding personal product support from Brian Zolner of Bricasti.

I attended both the last two AXPONA events and apparently managed to miss this room. The Voice That Is room really impressed me and brought my attention to and sold me on my Bricasti M1 DAC but that was driving all TIDAL gear which is bit too rich for my blood at this point in my life. The TIDAL equipment, and especially their speakers were extraordinarily impressive to me. Hoping to hear them soon. May have to fly out of state to hear the M28s...

Bavarian05 05-21-2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 701132)
I did an install with them about 2 months ago, they are extremely nice amps. :ok:

Hi Ivan,
I understand this is not a fair question overall, but what would one relate the M28 sound too by comparison when driven directly by my M1?

Ritmo 05-21-2015 06:10 PM

I saw and listened to a prototype pair at RMAF 2013. They looked and sounded very nicely. However, these were early versions before launch - probably not the final product. They were being fed by the nice M1. Can't remember the speakers.

Bavarian05 05-22-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritmo (Post 701208)
I saw and listened to a prototype pair at RMAF 2013. They looked and sounded very nicely. However, these were early versions before launch - probably not the final product. They were being fed by the nice M1. Can't remember the speakers.

Any comparisons you could make?

Ritmo 05-22-2015 10:26 PM

Sorry, would not be accurate. It's been a while and, also, these were very early versions. Therefore, I did not pay much attention to them. At the time, my focus was on the M-1.

Bavarian05 06-11-2015 12:07 PM

Strongly considering a new pair of these...keep kicking myself that I missed them at AXPONA this year.
Anyone aware of any owners on AA? I would love to speak with another owner. I am slightly nervous about not using a preamp.
I've recently gone completely digital so other sources are not the concern, but to my ears in the past the preamp has been beneficial.
Though according to Brian at Bricasti, they have really addressed this with adjustable gain on the M28s for perfect matching without attenuating much in the digital domain...

SHV 06-11-2015 01:49 PM

FWIW here is Fremer's review...not good... be sure to look at comments for link to manufacture response...

IMHO if Fremer didn't like them then the Briscasti are probably fantastic...Fremer is probably the #1 reason that I stopped buying Stereophile several decades ago...I think he was the one that gave fantastic review of the sonic improvement provided by Mpingo wood pucks.

Bricasti Design M28 monoblock power amplifier | Stereophile.com

Steve