AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Wilson Audio Sabrina Owners Club (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=35083)

sidvee 10-27-2018 09:33 PM

I am trying to get in touch with Wilson Audio for some questions I have on warranty and other support. I have sent an e-mail shown on the website.
Please advise if that is the right email or I need to send my questions to any other email. A mail I sent to that id 3 days ago has gone unanswered.
Cheers,
Sid

metaphacts 10-28-2018 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidvee (Post 937356)
Thank you kindly metaphacts. I am based in India, so I am working with the Indian dealer. Not sure if these limited editions will be offered here. Regarding point no.3 would I have to reduce the amount of treatment in my room, were I to get these speakers?
Cheers,
Sid

No you would not have to reduce the treatment.

That you may want to adjust placement and amount of treatment is a possibility.

metaphacts 10-28-2018 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidvee (Post 937552)
I am trying to get in touch with Wilson Audio for some questions I have on warranty and other support. I have sent an e-mail to was@wilsonaudio.com as shown on the website.
Please advise if that is the right email or I need to send my questions to any other email. A mail I sent to that id 3 days ago has gone unanswered.
Cheers,
Sid

Hi Sid,

I have been traveling - Sasha DAW launch - but I'll be back in the office Monday morning.

Bill

Masterlu 10-28-2018 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 937568)
Hi Sid,

I have been traveling - Sasha DAW launch - but I'll be back in the office Monday morning.

Bill

Sorry, posting of emails is not permitted. Please use the PM feature.

Dr Tone 10-29-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 937292)
These Sabrinas include the Spike Diode from Yvette which improves performance and the look.

(Disclaimer: I work at Wilson Audio)

As a lowly Sabrina owner, haven't heard of Spike Diode, what does it do to improve sound?

metaphacts 10-29-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidvee (Post 937552)
I am trying to get in touch with Wilson Audio for some questions I have on warranty and other support. I have sent an e-mail shown on the website.
Cheers,
Sid

The person who responds to the was email address will be back in the office on Tuesday. He will likely forward your inquiry to either Jerron or me.

metaphacts 10-29-2018 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Tone (Post 937888)
As a lowly Sabrina owner, haven't heard of Spike Diode, what does it do to improve sound?

We love Sabrina owners! Thank you for buying one of our speakers.

The spike diode assembly improves the efficiency of spikes coupling to the floor. A spike diode (different sizes based on model) is used on every Wilson floor standing speaker save Sabrina.

In addition, the diode raises the Sabrina from the floor about 3/4". In many installations, the raised height eliminates the need to rake the fixed baffle Sabrina, resulting in improved time domain performance.

The entire assembly is composed of 4 parts:

Set Screw (Not included with Sabrina)
Spike Diode (Not included with Sabrina)
Spike (Included with Sabrina)
Jam Nut (Included with Sabrina)

We really love what the diode does for performance. Any Sabrina owner can add them for a relatively inexpensive cost (Not allowed to post retail on AA).

Set Screws and Spike Diodes are available on the Wilson Audio Parts Store.

sidvee 10-30-2018 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 937894)
The person who responds to the was email address will be back in the office on Tuesday. He will likely forward your inquiry to either Jerron or me.

I got an e-mail from Jerron.
Thanks a lot.
Cheers,
Sid

metaphacts 10-30-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidvee (Post 937899)
I got an e-mail from Jerron.
Thanks a lot.
Cheers,
Sid

:tresbon:

Mikado463 10-30-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Tone (Post 874653)
I think he was talking about the unit between them more than the proximity to the walls.

agreed, it's never a good thing to have anything between the speakers in front of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidvee (Post 937246)
I have a small room about 14' x 12'. I am considering these speakers. Do you think they will work in the small space or will overload it? I can position them 4' from the back wall and 2' from the side along the 12' side. My room is treated with 4 x GIK 244 panels in the corners as bass traps and 2 at the first reflection points. Additionally I have 4 vicoustic panels on the wall behind the speakers.
Cheers,
Sid

read pages 15-17 of the Sabrina owners manual for some good set-up guidance

http://www.wilsonaudio.com/pdf/manua...al-sabrina.pdf