AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Model T Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=21383)

James Tanner - Bryston 01-31-2014 11:54 AM

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your kind comments - I will pass them along.

Where did you hear the speakers?

James

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

Last weekend I was in Fredericton visiting friends, one of whom is Rick Bastedo who works for Cox Electronics. He mentioned he had some speakers that were really worth auditioning, so I did. I was amazed at the level of detail, the sound-stage and imaging.

Overall, the sound the Model T's produced was astonishing. I have decided to buy a pair this Spring.

Best,
Charles Morrisey

James Tanner - Bryston 01-31-2014 11:55 AM

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your kind comments - I will pass them along.

Where did you hear the speakers?

James

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. Last weekend I was in Fredericton visiting friends, one of whom is Rick Bastedo who works for Cox Electronics. He mentioned he had some speakers that were really worth auditioning, so I did. I was amazed at the level of detail, the sound-stage and imaging.

Overall, the sound the Model T's produced was astonishing. I have decided to buy a pair this Spring.

Best,
Charles Morrisey

James Tanner - Bryston 02-04-2014 03:48 PM

Hi Folks,

The first of a number of Middle T reviews on the way shortly:

INNER EAR REPORT

james

James Tanner - Bryston 02-05-2014 02:33 PM

Hi Folks,

First out of the gate for a review on the Bryston Middle T Speakers - INNER EAR :thumb:

The Inner Ear Magazine - Discover High End

james

Manbient 02-05-2014 07:01 PM

about time! Middle T is the one I'd like to get, and while my ears are what should decide, it's nice to get a range of opinions to make the decision more comfortable haha

James Tanner - Bryston 02-12-2014 07:12 AM

Hi Folks,

Apparently the Bryston Mini T speakers had a good outing at a recent audio show in Germany :music:

avitech - Audio Video Solutions

james

James Tanner - Bryston 02-14-2014 06:43 PM

Subject: Mini T
Date: February 14, 2014 at 4:28:51 PM EST
To: James Tanner <jamestanner@bryston.com>

James,

Hi there!

Loving the Mini T - cannot believe how good they are.

Getting the BDP-1 and BDA-2 and then these speakers has been astounding...music is HUGE - had forgotten that immediacy and drive that come from speakers that can handle power.

I run the Mini t's in concert with 2 12" subs, so the system jams pretty good.

My question is around my current amp. I am driving the Mini T's with an (EDIT).

What do you guys recomend both in power and current, and also what models in Bryston lineup would you recommend - 4bsst2 get the job done?

Thanks for any help!!!

Matt

James Tanner - Bryston 02-19-2014 06:50 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speaker Feedback

T's' Made for Rock!

Yes, I got the audio bug again and brought home a pair of T's in black ash.

Having them for a week now I can say they are broke in, long weekends are great for that!

Listening to Deep Purple- Made in Japan, an album I've been listening to since 73, 74'ish, I've never heard it sound so, Hard Rock like. Of course it's not just Made in Japan, but just about every recording except for compressed Dolby Digital crap on music videos.

The bass is deep, which is fundamental to a lot of songs for them to sound right. A couple of songs by the Police, Synchronicity I & II, stood out like 'wow' and I'm really not that keen on the Police.

The mid-range and highs have exceptional detail. Like you can even discern what Ozzy is mumbling in Black Sabbath-Gathered in their Masses, Blu-ray.

Thank You, James for making great ROCK speakers!

Mag

Thank you for the kind comments Mag - what the Model T's do well is handle huge amounts of power with very low distortion and that lack of dynamic compression is what you are hearing in your T's.

Enjoy!!!

James

James Tanner - Bryston 02-28-2014 08:11 PM

Hi Folks,

Received this from a customer who purchased a complete Bryston surround speaker system:

• Model T Signatures - Front left/right
• Model TC-1 Center
• Model T’s Surrounds,
• Model T Subs x 2

Hi James,

I spent a few hours listening to CDs with the Model T Signatures last night. Did not power on the subs or other speakers. I can't believe how good these sound right out of the box. Absolutely amazing! You have blown the doors off of the (EDIT) which I have really adored.

I am now a Bryston junkie!

UPDATE:
My neighbor helped me with the center setup and also helped me unpack the rear speakers. So I finally got to fire up 5.1. Without taking the time to tune with a sound meter, I put in a Blu-Ray and roughly tuned levels by ear. The surround is AWESOME. I'm hearing things I never heard before and the usual stuff is certainly sounding better. Now I need to have dinner, calm down, and really tune it.

I tuned the system with a sound meter after I sent you the above email and had dinner. Oh, my goodness! I was up to 2am listening/watching. It sounds really fantastic James. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Best,
Marc

James Tanner - Bryston 03-05-2014 08:57 AM

Hi Folks,

Got this today from one of the first Bryston Dealers to setup the new Model A1's and A3's in their soundroom :thumb:

His comment - "James - Friggen Good!"

Ashley