AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Fine Art & Collectibles (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Sax Lamp (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50784)

JoeN 01-21-2022 07:03 PM

Sax Lamp

2 Attachment(s)
Fine art, it depends upon one’s definition and tastes.

Tim Leefeldt builds Sax lamps. Tim is a great guy and extremely talented. He enjoys audio. And he’s quite a designer.

He builds lamps using new or used real saxophones. This one pictured is an Alto Sax that has a regular LED light bulb and a LED nightlight in it. The nightlight puts off a blue glow. It has a wood tambourine & steel base. It’s extremely nice for a Great Room.

You can order one similar to this style from Railroadware.com - Sax Lamp

Delivery times may vary depending upon the options you select, but for one like ours it’s app. three weeks. They are hand built to order.

Formerly YB-2 01-21-2022 07:42 PM

Nice. :thumbsup:
Am surprised he can find horns that make the lamp economical to build. Have a clarinet on the wall behind my rig. Artist told me the last time I saw him that it is not often he can make horns into art due to the cost.
Did check out new sax prices around Thxgvg and they started around $4500.

JoeN 01-21-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1053773)
Nice. :thumbsup:
Am surprised he can find horns that make the lamp economical to build. Have a clarinet on the wall behind my rig. Artist told me the last time I saw him that it is not often he can make horns into art due to the cost.
Did check out new sax prices around Thxgvg and they started around $4500.

He normally uses a used sax. I’m not sure how he sources them. But he cleans them up nicely. If I pay $4500 for a new Sax I will be taking lessons to learn how to play it. :banana: No lamp worth that much …

Formerly YB-2 01-22-2022 09:40 AM

Yes. I understood that he does and was surprised when I looked on "the 'bay" and saw how cheap some of them are. Makes more sense then I thought. Of course, the one I want (King Zephyr tenor of my youth) is less cheap.

JoeN 01-22-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1053797)
Yes. I understood that he does and was surprised when I looked on "the 'bay" and saw how cheap some of them are. Makes more sense then I thought. Of course, the one I want (King Zephyr tenor of my youth) is less cheap.

Oh wow, that is a nice Sax. I don’t know what he has access to. But Tim may have a good price on one or know where he can get one. I know he just purchased another lightly used sax last night.

Grasshopper 01-22-2022 07:04 PM

I’m happily married, so there is only one place that I can go for sax.

crwilli 01-22-2022 08:58 PM

[emoji23]

bart 01-23-2022 09:30 AM

Hahaha!
My wife totally agrees! :laughin:

JoeN 01-23-2022 10:15 AM

:icon_jump:

hobie1dog 01-27-2022 02:42 AM

wind instruments make great lamps.