AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Sasha DAW to Alexia 2 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48595)

cdobson 09-06-2020 03:14 PM

Sasha DAW to Alexia 2

Thinking about moving up the food chain. Wondering if the change will be worth it...or if the Alexia will be getting an update like the Sabrina soon...decisions, decisions....

IM3CPO 09-06-2020 04:18 PM

Alexia 2's were released only a couple years ago... Maybe 3 years max I believe. I own a pair and they are a very good speaker. Wilson is also one not to update a speaker for the mere sense of doing so unless it is a tangible improvement in performance. In summary, I wouldnt let whether an update to an already outstanding speaker is on the horizon be the determining factor.

metaphacts 09-06-2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdobson (Post 1013798)
Thinking about moving up the food chain. Wondering if the change will be worth it...or if the Alexia will be getting an update like the Sabrina soon...decisions, decisions....

Typically Wilson speakers change models every five years or so. Some take even longer. XLF to XVX was nine years.

djcxxx 09-07-2020 04:07 PM

I listened to both and the Alexia 2 will give you a larger soundstage and somewhat more bass response than DAW but you need the space to obtain that advantage. They are, at least to my ear, tonally equivalent, so as I did not have the room to do Alexia 2 justice the DAW give up very little in an appropriate sized space.

cdobson 09-07-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM3CPO (Post 1013809)
Alexia 2's were released only a couple years ago... Maybe 3 years max I believe. I own a pair and they are a very good speaker. Wilson is also one not to update a speaker for the mere sense of doing so unless it is a tangible improvement in performance. In summary, I wouldnt let whether an update to an already outstanding speaker is on the horizon be the determining factor.

Good point - thank you.

cdobson 09-07-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djcxxx (Post 1013898)
I listened to both and the Alexia 2 will give you a larger soundstage and somewhat more bass response than DAW but you need the space to obtain that advantage. They are, at least to my ear, tonally equivalent, so as I did not have the room to do Alexia 2 justice the DAW give up very little in an appropriate sized space.

Helpful - thank you.

cdobson 09-07-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 1013828)
Typically Wilson speakers change models every five years or so. Some take even longer. XLF to XVX was nine years.

Appreciate your feedback - thank you.

Azbiker 09-13-2020 01:23 PM

After several hours spent with both, I came to the same conclusion as djcxxx above. Alexia series II had a larger soundstage and slightly more bass response. Very close. I ended up with The Alexia II's as I have a 20x16' listening room and have not regretted that decision. I'm certain I could have easily lived with the DAW's with a smaller room.

Hanson 04-23-2022 04:58 PM

Alexia 2 setup question

Azbiker -
Thanks for your post. Can you describe how you set up your speakers? Distance from walls; how wide apart? Any related details are much appreciated. Thank you!

Big B 04-24-2022 12:53 AM

I have Alexia. Alexia is a substantial step up from Sabrina. Sabrina will leave you wanting more Alexia will leave you wanting better.