AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Greetings (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50455)

Klavier 10-29-2021 02:11 AM

Greetings

I'm a music lover (mostly classical--a little jazz), I play the piano, and I'm an audiophile--but at the service of the music. My system:

B&W 803D3 speakers
McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp
Esoteric K-03 SACD player
Chord Qutest DAC
VPI Prime Signature turntable/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge
Sennheiser HD800s, Audeze LCD-X headphones
Oppo 205 Blu-ray player
Macbook Pro for streaming/hi-res files

That's about it for now.

clpetersen 10-29-2021 07:32 AM

Geetings Klavier! That is a marvelous system you have assembled.

W9TR 10-29-2021 08:30 AM

Welcome Klavier! I closely follow the classical music threads here. Lots of great selections. I am learning a lot.

Klavier 10-29-2021 02:41 PM

Thanks, everyone. I see that my minimal signature shows here but not in other posts. (Even though "Show your signature" is checked.) Did I miss something in the settings?

Also, it's nice to be in such a pleasant environment. I've seen some primarily music-oriented forums where members attack each other for liking a certain recording/artist!

bart 10-29-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klavier (Post 1047753)
Thanks, everyone. I see that my minimal signature shows here but not in other posts. (Even though "Show your signature" is checked.) Did I miss something in the settings?

Also, it's nice to be in such a pleasant environment. I've seen some primarily music-oriented forums where members attack each other for liking a certain recording/artist!

Klavier, you'll find a lot of love for the hobby here, but also a lot of respect for each other. :thumbsup:

Welcome, and congrats on your system!

Antonmb 10-29-2021 04:07 PM

Cheers Klavier, welcome! With that moniker, I expect more contributions to the classical thread[emoji41]

Masterlu 10-29-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klavier (Post 1047753)

Being just a regular member as opposed to becoming a Subscriber, limits how long your Signature can be.

Klavier 10-29-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1047780)
Being just a regular member as opposed to becoming a Subscriber, limits how long your Signature can be.

OK, thanks. By the way, it shows up elsewhere, now.

Klavier 10-30-2021 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 1047763)
Cheers Klavier, welcome! With that moniker, I expect more contributions to the classical thread[emoji41]

I have been, but it seems a little dead there at the moment!

joel_hifi 10-30-2021 01:02 PM

Klavier, very nice system :thumbsup: Great to see you on the music threads :music: