AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Accuphase (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   numerical key pad on the remote (with CD/SACD transport) (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49008)

SAM992 11-13-2020 02:05 PM

numerical key pad on the remote (with CD/SACD transport)

Ok, so I am wondering if I'm just not doing something correctly here, but shouldn't the numerical key pad on the remote for my DP-560 allow me to type in the track number I want to listen to, rather than have to rely on the up/down motion on the "Track" toggle? which takes forever?

This is only the case on DVD's I burned with WAV files, and not on pre-made CD's.. so maybe it's to do with how I'm buying the disks? Also there is a delay between tracks, and a countdown from -3, -2, -1 then the new track starts...so I wonder if that's all tied together? Is there a better way to burn a DVD disk with lossless audio?

Am I doing something wrong? because the numerical keys have no effect..

bart 11-13-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAM992 (Post 1021055)
Ok, so I am wondering if I'm just not doing something correctly here, but shouldn't the numerical key pad on the remote for my DP-560 allow me to type in the track number I want to listen to, rather than have to rely on the up/down motion on the "Track" toggle? which takes forever?

This is only the case on DVD's I burned with WAV files, and not on pre-made CD's.. so maybe it's to do with how I'm buying the disks? Also there is a delay between tracks, and a countdown from -3, -2, -1 then the new track starts...so I wonder if that's all tied together? Is there a better way to burn a DVD disk with lossless audio?

Am I doing something wrong? because the numerical keys have no effect..

Page 23 of the DP-560 manual says:
"Accuphase recommends listening always to the full album. For your convenience we have thus disabled the numerical key pad on the remote."

:D

Kal Rubinson 11-13-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1021066)
Page 23 of the DP-560 manual says:
"Accuphase recommends listening always to the full album. For your convenience we have thus disabled the numerical key pad on the remote."

Screw that. Sheer arrogance.

bart 11-13-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson (Post 1021068)
Screw that. Sheer arrogance.

Kal, I was not being serious. :D

SAM992 11-13-2020 04:54 PM

Well, that was an entertaining exchange between you two... but I did find an answer incase someone else pops into here and looks for the same question.

Turns out the way I burned the DVD was why.... with a pre-made CD it works just fine, but I guess when I burned the WAV files on the DVD, I did it in such a way that they are all individual tracks with long gaps between.... which is why I was asking someone earlier how to properly burn a DVD with WAV/FLAC, etc... but of course, got no help! :scratch2:

bart 11-13-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAM992 (Post 1021079)
Well, that was an entertaining exchange between you two... but I did find an answer incase someone else pops into here and looks for the same question.

Turns out the way I burned the DVD was why.... with a pre-made CD it works just fine, but I guess when I burned the WAV files on the DVD, I did it in such a way that they are all individual tracks with long gaps between.... which is why I was asking someone earlier how to properly burn a DVD with WAV/FLAC, etc... but of course, got no help! :scratch2:

Glad you found out.
Enjoy your player.
Accuphase gear is in the top tier. :thumbsup:

Kal Rubinson 11-13-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1021077)
Kal, I was not being serious. :D

Good one. I am cynical enough to believe it.

Masterlu 11-13-2020 08:38 PM

Missing metadata on your rips.

SAM992 11-13-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1021099)
Missing metadata on your rips.

I gathered that... my question (and the one I asked last time) .. is..

Is it possible to burn a CD/DVD that behaves more like a CD you buy? I'm sure it is, as I'm sure I've done it in the past, but for some reason it's alluding me right now.

Kal Rubinson 11-13-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAM992 (Post 1021101)
I gathered that... my question (and the one I asked last time) .. is..

Is it possible to burn a CD/DVD that behaves more like a CD you buy? I'm sure it is, as I'm sure I've done it in the past, but for some reason it's alluding me right now.

I have not done this in decades but there are many programs, some free, that will do this. My current PC came with an app to do it.