AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Thought I'd finally say a proper hello from the SF Bay Area (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49000)

SAM992 11-11-2020 03:00 PM

Thought I'd finally say a proper hello from the SF Bay Area

So I have been lurking on here for months reading up on various pieces of audio gear among many other resources before coming up with the system that I eventually wound up with .. it was an evolution and the budget was on more than one occasion exceeded, with a rationalization that I'm sure many of you have experienced in your past decision making regarding this addicting "hobby"..

Suffice it to say, the capstone was ironically a great Accuphase SACD player sourced thru none other than our very own Ivan (as he is a certified dealer for them).. and presto! I was all set as of a week ago... system stabilized and enjoying the listening experience of my life..

Due to realities of living in a condo, in the SF Bay Area (the heart of silicon valley to be more specific), my listening room also doubles as a spare bedroom and as such is SMALL... but the choice of speaker (McIntosh XR50) has proven to be the smartest single decision I made in building this system which is supposed to last me a life time... eventually of course, I can replace the speakers (if I move into a bigger place, and away from the SF Bay Area)... But for now, these speakers fill up this surprisingly acoustically stable room quite nicely

A video of my system is up on YouTube and if you click on the bottom of my signature block you can watch all 7 or so minutes of it..

I hope to share and learn a lot over the years from you all.. so far it's been more of a one way street, as I've been asking most of the questions. I also joined the SF Bay Area Audiophile Society, and hope to be participating with them more after some of this covid/lockdown phase ends and they resume their normal schedule of activities.

Sam

Antonmb 11-11-2020 05:18 PM

Cheers Sam, thanks for the introduction. Looks like you’ve built a fine system.

JemHadar 11-11-2020 05:30 PM

Sam, thanks for sharing...very nice system 🤙
...maybe you touched upon this in other posts...but how would you describe the impact of the dCS Wordclock...thx

SAM992 11-11-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jem666 (Post 1020889)
Sam, thanks for sharing...very nice system 🤙
...maybe you touched upon this in other posts...but how would you describe the impact of the dCS Wordclock...thx

In the simplest terms.... when I heard it with and without the word clock, it was more of a difference than my prior upgrade of going from the PS Audio DirectStream to the dCS Rossini.

crwilli 11-11-2020 11:24 PM

Thought I'd finally say a proper hello from the SF Bay Area

Welcome Sam. You seem to have come up the learning curve quite quickly and have assembled a great system.

Audioraven 11-12-2020 01:34 AM

That is a great looking setup, Sam! :yes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JBT 03-21-2021 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAM992 (Post 1020878)
So I have been lurking on here for months reading up on various pieces of audio gear among many other resources before coming up with the system that I eventually wound up with .. it was an evolution and the budget was on more than one occasion exceeded, with a rationalization that I'm sure many of you have experienced in your past decision making regarding this addicting "hobby"..

Suffice it to say, the capstone was ironically a great Accuphase SACD player sourced thru none other than our very own Ivan (as he is a certified dealer for them).. and presto! I was all set as of a week ago... system stabilized and enjoying the listening experience of my life..

Due to realities of living in a condo, in the SF Bay Area (the heart of silicon valley to be more specific), my listening room also doubles as a spare bedroom and as such is SMALL... but the choice of speaker (McIntosh XR50) has proven to be the smartest single decision I made in building this system which is supposed to last me a life time... eventually of course, I can replace the speakers (if I move into a bigger place, and away from the SF Bay Area)... But for now, these speakers fill up this surprisingly acoustically stable room quite nicely

A video of my system is up on YouTube and if you click on the bottom of my signature block you can watch all 7 or so minutes of it..

I hope to share and learn a lot over the years from you all.. so far it's been more of a one way street, as I've been asking most of the questions. I also joined the SF Bay Area Audiophile Society, and hope to be participating with them more after some of this covid/lockdown phase ends and they resume their normal schedule of activities.

Sam

Very nice! I'd move the C1100 up top so the tubes can breath.

RLF 03-22-2021 09:10 PM

Welcome Sam.

BTW, I too have Rossini DAC and external Rossini Clock which I upgraded from a PSA DirectStream. Although the Rossini is great in itself, the clock improves it more that I would have ever expected.

80B 03-23-2021 05:16 PM

Congratulations Sam, what an awesome system. Nice video. My son's first job was in Mountain View a couple years ago, and the apartment search was sobering even if he hit the jackpot for a newly-minted CS grad.

jimtranr 03-23-2021 10:01 PM

Sorry for the late welcome, Sam.

You've put together a fine system. Here's to lots of happy listening.