AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Isolation, Tips & Tweaks (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Nordost - Q Kore; Grounding Achievements (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41635)

For The Love of Music 12-26-2017 10:14 AM

Thank you all!

Yes the link illustrates the simplicity of hookup - visual illustration is key!

Note on the component side you can plug the provided and/or optional grounding cables into any RCA, XLR, BNC, Banana, RJ45 that is not being used - just no plugs to speaker connections!

I just ran a grounding cable to the AV system, and a big wow there!

If you are still in question, please PM me, happy to help!

Acolcer 12-26-2017 10:25 PM

I am just wondering if I could avoid the cost of this solution by having my electrician install a ground rod? Wouldn’t that achieve the same result for much less cost? Note: I would be looking at the QKore 6, which isn’t cheap.

For The Love of Music 12-26-2017 10:38 PM

It’s not at all the same solution.

The QKore 6 has ground attractor plates which draw noise and keep voltage generated magnetic fields to a minimum.

It also addresses grounding at the circuit level and ensures each component’s audio circuit has a clean ground & allows the components to perform at their peak.

I hear you about expense, but I know a guy that can help.

Acolcer 12-26-2017 11:15 PM

I wonder who that might happen to be?????

bigblue 12-27-2017 04:18 AM

These days it has to be Santa Lu.

mchydro 12-27-2017 11:50 AM

This product intrigues me.

Acolcer 01-05-2018 09:14 PM

I heard a demo today at a local dealer here in Charlotte,
Liquid HiFi. Wow is all I can say. Without the Q Kore 6, the music is lifeless, the bass lacks punch and the soundstage is narrower. I would not have believed it if I hadn’t heard it. Highly recommended!

For The Love of Music 01-05-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acolcer (Post 890758)
I heard a demo today at a local dealer here in Charlotte,
Liquid HiFi. Wow is all I can say. Without the Q Kore 6, the music is lifeless, the bass lacks punch and the soundstage is narrower. I would not have believed it if I hadn’t heard it. Highly recommended!

Al, Ron is a cool guy and was just out here. Sorry you guys are having crazy cold weather as much of the east.

What’s very cool, is you don’t have to dive in head first, run your numbers, get what makes financial sense and enjoy, because it’s truly awesome, truly awesome!

Acolcer 01-05-2018 10:03 PM

Ed, Ron mentioned what a fun time he had with his family out there. Yes, he is a very cool guy and best yet, he is 10 minutes from my home! Damn you for filling my head with new ideas on how to spend more money on this blasted obsession. Jk

audio bill 07-05-2018 07:59 AM

Thought this QKore review from TAS would be of interest on this thread.