AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Praise follows BDP-3 hiccup (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49705)

cleeds 03-25-2021 02:59 PM

Praise follows BDP-3 hiccup

As some readers may recall, I dumped my Aurender a few months ago in favor of a BDP-3. My only regret has been that I didn't make the change sooner.

But today, after months of use and lord knows how many hours of service, the BDP-3 hiccuped. Nothing would load and rebooting didn't help. So I used the "restore to factory state" tool, as I had many, many times with the Aurender.

But here are the differences:
  • restoration took a few minutes, not a few hours
  • no lengthy multiple OS updates were needed after restoration
  • the music files and playlists loaded into the BDP were not deleted
  • the remedy worked on the first attempt
  • Because I was able to resolve the problem myself, I didn't need to wait days for the manufacturer to respond and mistakenly claim that the problem was actually caused by something I'd already told them I'd checked!

This is the way audio components are supposed to work. Kudos to Bryston.

W9TR 03-25-2021 03:22 PM

Bravo!

There is a big difference between an established audio company with a 40 year track record of outstanding service and the best warranties in the business and an 11 yo newcomer with a lot to learn about customer support.

cleeds 03-25-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 1035604)
... There is a big difference between an established audio company with a 40 year track record of outstanding service and the best warranties in the business and an 11 yo newcomer with a lot to learn ...

Yup. I shoulda known better. And I don't like to shoulda myself.

gbaby 03-26-2021 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleeds (Post 1035635)

Nice comment on the BDP3, and you didn't even think about complaining about the interface.:thumbsup: I feel like you, the BDP is a great piece of gear. I see, you too, own Infinity Speakers. All my speakers are Infinitys from the Prelude Composition PF-R to the Infinity RS-5b. As the slogan goes, "There is Nothing Beyond Infinity.":thumbsup:

gbaby 03-26-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleeds (Post 1035635)

Nice comment on the BDP3, and you didn't even think about complaining about the interface.:thumbsup: I feel like you, the BDP is a great piece of gear. I see, you too, own Infinity Speakers. All my speakers are Infinitys from the Prelude Composition PF-R to the Infinity RS-5b. As the slogan goes, "There is Nothing Beyond Infinity.":thumbsup::)

Parabellum 03-27-2021 12:21 AM

I had a similar experience when I upgraded from the BDP-2 to the BDP-3 in January. It took me less than 1 hour to swap the internal SSD from one to the other and have everything back up and running, without a single hiccup.

cleeds 03-27-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbaby (Post 1035709)
Nice comment on the BDP3, and you didn't even think about complaining about the interface ...

Ha ha! I deserved that!

hdvidguy 03-28-2021 09:45 AM

I had a strange thing happen to my BDP2, and Bryston connected into my mine and fixed it within mins. Super cool support!

gbaby 03-30-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleeds (Post 1035734)
Ha ha! I deserved that!

I meant this in a good way. I like the interface, as is. :yes:

keef 03-30-2021 09:40 AM

Thanks for the feedback Cleeds.