AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Nordost Odin 1 Speaker Cables in the house -- my 5 year Memory Returns in Ernest (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40257)

vintage_tube 08-15-2017 06:24 PM

Eva Cassidy, Blues Alley, Track 8, first 7-12 seconds she is wooing (as I call it) and again at 3:20 and again 1 minute later. The first occurrence, is like a wave hitting me in the face. Bring it on Eva.

I love it.

Best Sirs,

Bob

vintage_tube 08-15-2017 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 861929)
Dad!

Hey son Marc -- Glad to hear from you. You left your Mom and I in shambles with that crude note you left stating you were headed to Seattle area -- we worried day n' nite and after 6 months & no phone call nor email, we wrote you out of the will. As Forest Gump said, Shit happens (not sure where we put that bumper sticker -- but never threw it out -- it's here somewhere).

Hope you are doing well pushing that grocery cart. Bet your biceps are impressive. Please use a protection. Ashley will be 1 in February and your Mom and I need not another to take care of.

Love

Mom and Dad

P.S. Had you been a child of reason -- you'd have a hell of an audio system in a number of years. Your Dad just bought some Nordost Odin Power Cords and 3M Speaker Cables. He hasn't been honest with me (but when has he -- his loyalty though is above reproach), but I think he added the cost to your college tuition bill; which you owe. Thank goodness. I'm so relieved since we collect social security.

joey_v 08-15-2017 06:48 PM

Any itch for Odin 2??

Hahaha

Congrats!

richardallred 08-15-2017 09:27 PM

Congrats Bob, they are on my bucket list

vintage_tube 08-15-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey_v (Post 861956)
Any itch for Odin 2??

Hahaha

Congrats!

At $45K for 3M -- not in this lifetime.

Seriously, the 2's have a strengthening membrane running down 1/4th the way down on one side. Why they felt that necessary is beyond me as these cables are nearly as stiff as a 2x4. I forgot how stiff they actually are, but have them in place where they will remain for quite some time.

Additionally the 2's have gold plated connectors and but understand are the same AWG as the V1's: 26x20 AWG wires per conductor.

Best Sir,

Bob

http://media.tas.zeitpress.com/artic...er%20Cable.jpg

Masterlu 08-15-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 861990)
At $45K for 3M -- not in this lifetime.

Seriously, the 2's have a strengthening membrane running down 1/4th the way down on one side. Why they felt that necessary is beyond me as these cables are nearly as stiff as a 2x4. I forgot how stiff they actually are, but have them in place where they will remain for quite some time.

Additionally the 2's have gold plated connectors and but understand are the same AWG as the V1's: 26x20 AWG wires per conductor.

https://media.giphy.com/media/KOEc8ca7DELmw/giphy.gif

:D

vintage_tube 08-15-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardallred (Post 861987)
Congrats Bob, they are on my bucket list

It's been some time Richard since I had Strads w/my MC2301's as you currently have -- and I could be way wrong here, but IIRC -- and that's a big IF, I was of the understanding the Strads were wired internally with Nordost Valhalla cabling.

I'm sure if Mr BP peruses this thread, he will correct me on the spot.:yes:

IMO, they qualify for inclusion on any audiophiles bucket list if one chooses to have one.

Best Sir,

Bob

vintage_tube 08-15-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 861993)
:D

Ivan Sir,

I watched that video at least 10 times and not once did he make it.:D

Am I supposed to say touché -- forgot the pleasantries etiquette code of conduct.:scratch2:

Best Sir,

bob

2fastdriving 08-15-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 861955)
Hey son Marc -- Glad to hear from you. You left your Mom and I in shambles with that crude note you left stating you were headed to Seattle area -- we worried day n' nite and after 6 months & no phone call nor email, we wrote you out of the will. As Forest Gump said, Shit happens (not sure where we put that bumper sticker -- but never threw it out -- it's here somewhere).

Hope you are doing well pushing that grocery cart. Bet your biceps are impressive. Please use a protection. Ashley will be 1 in February and your Mom and I need not another to take care of.

Love

Mom and Dad

P.S. Had you been a child of reason -- you'd have a hell of an audio system in a number of years. Your Dad just bought some Nordost Odin Power Cords and 3M Speaker Cables. He hasn't been honest with me (but when has he -- his loyalty though is above reproach), but I think he added the cost to your college tuition bill; which you owe. Thank goodness. I'm so relieved since we collect social security.

Touche, father.

vintage_tube 08-15-2017 10:29 PM

:rofl2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 861999)
Touche, father.

Hey Mother -- your son Marc is on the internet harassing me again. You did tell him about the increase to his student loan?:D

:beerchug: at RMAF 2017 my friend.:thumbsup:

Best Sir,

Bob