AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Acoustical Treatments (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   IsoAcoustics GAIA (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41646)

Ricjor1 12-25-2017 08:10 PM

IsoAcoustics GAIA

I've made several changes during 2017. I've changed DACs, interconnect cables, speaker cables, and experimented with power cords. I couple of days ago I replaced the spikes on my Monitor Audio PL500 speakers with IsoAcoustics GAIA Is. I want to put my latest change in context. In my system the most significant change has been adding the Chord Dave DAC. Changing the interconnect and speaker cables provided incremental improvements in clarity and a noticeable difference in how instruments/vocals are placed in the soundstage.
The GAIA Is are very well made and a bargain compared to the price of some footers. I used the following CDs to evaluate the GAIA Is: Kirk Whalum-For You, Norman Conners-Eternity, Marcus Johnson-In Concert For a Cause, Erykah Badu-Live, and Bob James/David Sanborn- Double Vision. Overall my first impression has been added clarity that allows you hear more details deeper in the soundstage. When listening to Kirk Whalum's Going in Circles the percussions to the right of the stage appear deeper and more pronounced with the GAIAs. Erykah Badu's Ye Yo the backup singers sound clearer with slightly more separation and Badu 's voice is more dynamic. Marcus Johnson's Me, Myself & I the piano takes on a liveliness that I've never heard before. It's weird, the music has additional clarity/detail, but at the same time sounds more relaxed. The best way to sum up my thoughts are the GAIAs brings serious "FOCUS" to the music and the illusion of music being totally disconnected from the speakers.

rnrmf1971 12-25-2017 10:42 PM

Additional detail + more relaxed sounds like the perfect combo.
I'm waiting for the proper adapters to try out the same footers.

Were they difficult to install on the PL500's?
Did you need a special adapter or did the right size come in the box?

The Trace 12-25-2017 11:09 PM

Ricjor1

Very well put. Dave Morrison, the company owner, helped me out a lot explaining how the GAIA work. I screwed them into my speakers base, no problem. Speakers rest on carpet. Instantly noticeable improvement, tighter bass and soundstage. Happy with them.

Ricjor1 12-26-2017 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 (Post 888473)
Additional detail + more relaxed sounds like the perfect combo.
I'm waiting for the proper adapters to try out the same footers.

Were they difficult to install on the PL500's?
Did you need a special adapter or did the right size come in the box?

They were very easy to install. I had to special order eight M10 125 long alternative studs for the PL500's.

MGW 10-20-2019 12:29 PM

HI, new member here.
Hoping that you guys are still picking up on this thread as I have a question.
I have standmount speakers and IsoAcoustics describes these as being for floorstanders - I cannot for the life of me work out why the Gaia would not work just as well for standmounts as for floorstanders.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks in anticipation

rnrmf1971 10-20-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGW (Post 983113)
HI, new member here.
Hoping that you guys are still picking up on this thread as I have a question.
I have standmount speakers and IsoAcoustics describes these as being for floorstanders - I cannot for the life of me work out why the Gaia would not work just as well for standmounts as for floorstanders.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks in anticipation

They should work fine as long as they fall in the weight requirements for the footers you're looking at. See the IsoAcoustics website page on Gaia footers for the recommended weight range.

Alternately, consider IsoAcousics Orea footers (using the proper model for weight of the speakers) and just placing your speakers on them.

I actually do that with my Harbeth speakers to positive effect.

Masterlu 10-20-2019 07:21 PM

MGW... Welcome to AA! :wave:

MGW 10-21-2019 05:36 PM

Thanks guys!

Puma Cat 10-21-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGW (Post 983244)
Thanks guys!

Welcome, Mike!

Puma Cat 10-21-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 (Post 983114)
They should work fine as long as they fall in the weight requirements for the footers you're looking at. See the IsoAcoustics website page on Gaia footers for the recommended weight range.

Alternately, consider IsoAcousics Orea footers (using the proper model for weight of the speakers) and just placing your speakers on them.

I actually do that with my Harbeth speakers to positive effect.

:thumbsup: